2021 Cardinals MLB new Game 91 thread – Friday, July 16 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB new Game 91 thread – Friday, July 16 vs. Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (7-5, 3.58) vs. Kevin Gausman (9-3, 1.73)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Three at home with the Giants.
    Four at home with the Cubs.
    Three at Cincinnati.

These next ten days are very important. Sure hope we can come out strong. If we dont it might just be over.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

10 days would take them to the 26th, with five days from there until the trade deadline passes.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m guessing the rotation can be reset however they want, any guesses who and in what order, anyone?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

They should just destroy the Cubs this time around as it appears they are throwing in the towel.

Giants will be looking for payback – will be interesting to see if the Cards have fight in them or not.

We need players that HATE losing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They should just destroy the Cubs this time around as it appears they are throwing in the towel.

Don’t count on it. We usually choke and freeze up when we see the blue uniforms.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly to ZTR’s Giants comment.

Interesting to see when Kim goes. If I’m managing, you’d see Kim in Saturdays game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Besides winning a few before the break, we played better ball I thought. It would be great if the glass half full crowd has reason to gloat a few weeks from now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I saw somewhere that Waino is the TBA tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar shows alot of green stuff in and around St. Louis. Might be lucky if we get this one in tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

There are no easy games through the rest of the month. The Twins have struggled, but are a better team than they have shown and will likely be on an upsurge over the second half.

So we have the Giants, Cubs, Reds, Twins and Indians. If we somehow are a couple of games over .500 on August 1st, you feel like a competitor.

If we are treading water then, or a little deeper down then cash it in for 2021 and start working on the plans for next year.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Adam Wainwright (R) P

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s hope Edman or Bader pick it up with the bat enough to lead off. Carlson’s splits show he is a lot better hitting second. We all know his pronounced platoon split so him leading off facing a righty is the worst combination. But it doesn’t matter if there is no alternative.

Edit: Covid . . . yikes

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar now shows most of the rain/storms has moved on past the metro St. Louis area. Cincinnati might be more likely to face a delay at this point.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There was an article on STL Today about how Cards attendance and TV ratings are down so far this year. Didn’t say how other teams are faring post pandemic so don’t know if we are doing better, worse or the same.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals have not been a good team to watch so far this year. I have not tuned in as much as usual. When your club doesn’t hit much and walks a lot of guys, you can usually find something better to occupy your time.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Well i think tv ratings is partly due to bally sports being dropped by some providers. I watched games last year on hulu live and they no longer carry them… where i am id have to get like direct tv or something to get games. Im using someone elses xfinity acct to watch some games.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I get up at 4 am four days a week for work. So my dog is used to getting fed at 4:30 and doesn’t understand about days off. So I can’t ever stay awake past about 9 pm if that.

One of my sons who doesn’t have any TV service at all except broadcast put the Bally app on his phone and can watch Cardinals game for free. Sends it to his smart TV he says.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I have bally sports for the Cardinals and the reds but sometimes it doesn’t show the cardinal games. Sometimes I get their game but it’s actually the other teams channel, it’s all over the place.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know their attendance is down. They have been dropping their ticket prices down quite a bit especially their all inclusive tickets.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great inning by waino

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the lineup though I would have sosa for Dejong but maybe Dejong will heat up and oneil can stay in lineup. I’m not a fan of Carlson leading off but we don’t have a good leadoff guy right now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A couple years ago I had some luck trolling for cheap dynamic pricing tickets the day of a game that wasn’t likely to have a big crowd. The Nationals or the like. But it still cost a lot to go after parking and concessions, plus it wasn’t a team I especially wanted to see.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure that ball was fair but oh well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years