2021 Cardinals MLB Game 99 thread – Saturday, July 24 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 99 thread – Saturday, July 24 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Free

Edman hits it opposite field.. Carp is stunned.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Other way bader, other way

David
    Participant

Free

Bader looking to add to his rbi total.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The entire State of Wisconsin is home to our Bucks, LACard. When I was a kid, the Bucks even played a few regular season games in Madison at the coliseum every year. It’s a quick drive to Milwaukee. I have a house here in Madison (Sun Prairie) and in Milwaukee ( Whitefish Bay) and I can make the trip in about an hour and 20 minutes if traffic isn’t bad.

Time to get to Castillo here in the 4th in a 2-1 Reds ballgame. Woody keeping us in it. Our Birds have had only two “Woody’s” to the best of my knowledge. Woody Williams being the other of course.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two horrible pitches to swing at. If you are thinking right field, you lay off those. But it’s why I don’t like him in these situations though he has been successful lately.

David
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded . A little surprised Woodford is batting. Only because that is not Schildt style. Perhaps Carp is still confused from Edmans opposite field hit .

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well another inning we fail to jump on them. Our hottest batter couldnt do the simplest of things with one out.

David
    Participant

Free

He may have struck out but glad Schildt left Woodford in. Tells me he understands, The 2 runs The reds have are not a result of his pitching but just some ho hum defense on Paul D

David
    Participant

Free

Woodford needs a 1-2-3 inning with about 15 pitches.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice inning by Woodford. He might be able to go two more maybe.

David
    Participant

Free

That ball of India’s bat I thought was over Oneils head.

David
    Participant

Free

7 pitch inning was big. Let’s get this game tied at least.

David
    Participant

Free

I think he stays in until his next AB

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nothing bad this team does should be surprising at this point. I thought DeJong might score on Edman’s double, but he was just halfway between 2B and 3B when they finally showed him in the picture. I thought he would be rounding 3B. I guess he mis-read it badly or was carrying an invisible piano. Then the predictable happened with the Cards failing to score after having runners on 2B and 3B with one out.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom doing what our big guys should be doing, hitting balls out of yard.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I meant votto, where did bottom come from.

David
    Participant

Free

This team continues to be a mystery. Take 2/3 from the best team in baseball, 3/4 from your rivals including 2 straight after a 9th inning melt down and then we look like this against the reds. This is where I have the problem with Schildt. The team is taking on his ho hum persona. There’s no fight.. it’s like we’re just playing out the season.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea I agree our team has looked flat against the reds and they have been struggling. Woodford pitched well, would have been nice if he had went an inning longer but McFarland pitched well.

David
    Participant

Free

Tonight supper included chicken alfresca with buttered bread. The wifey‘s team the Giants are underway so I’ll be switching back-and-forth between games.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice play by their center fielder saves a run. Carlson had a couple nice swings just maybe a little too much air under em.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carlson about 5ft short of a dinger.

David
    Participant

Free

I’ll still watch the games in hope for a miracle but this season is over. They don’t even look like a team that cares at least that’s how they play.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schildt tried to get a little too much out of McFarland but he did pitch a good 6th. But I think he’s just a one inning pitcher myself. We JJ use struggle to get their top two guys out no matter what. Wish our top two guys were doing the same.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Ugh this team just isn’t any good there is so much that needs to change they have no chance of really making the post season at all especially with an idiot as a manager!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sometimes its as well to be lucky as good. Do we feel lucky?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years