2021 Cardinals MLB Game 94 thread – Monday, July 19 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 94 thread – Monday, July 19 vs. Cubs

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Woody’s 5.2 IP, 0 BB, 0 HBP.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

.500 – can always build from .500.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great game by Woodford. He certainly earned another start.

Goldy stays red hot. We can probably stop talking about trading him. If he keeps hitting like this he might get into the MVP race. I knew his numbers would come around before the end of the year. He has always been a warm weather hitter.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Goldy stays red hot. We can probably stop talking about trading him. If he keeps hitting like this he might get into the MVP race. I knew his numbers would come around before the end of the year. He has always been a warm weather hitter.

He was a drag on the team during the first two months of the season.

He has improved his OPS to tenth in MLB for first basemen (qualified hitters), which means one third of the first basemen have a better OPS than he does.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Which is why I said “if he keeps hitting like this”. In the last 28 days his slash line is .329/.412/.576/.989, which is a nice pace.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Raw ops can be misleading LACardFan. Not saying it is in this discussion, but that it can be.

Goldy would likely climb from 10th with a park neutralized metric.

He’s also a plus baserunner for a 1Bman.

And then there is his D.

Overall I’d call him a top 5 1Bman so far this season, which is no drag, IMO.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldschmidt has done this before following the All Star break. It lasts about 4-6 weeks. Then, whatever he’s doing to run his numbers up just fades away, leaving fans with the hope that he’ll do it again, which he won’t, at least not until next season. I love his stellar defense just like so many other fans. But he’s not the offensive force he told us he was with his big numbers prior to signing his big contract. That was smoke and mirrors.

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years