2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Manager threw a lot of hangers Willie, but he did throw Gallegos when down by two runs, just in case, but that just limits his availability going forward.

I guess if Shildt waits for a lead after 6, Gallegos may never throw again!

grayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

You know what’s going to be great though? When we get our injured guys back- it’s going to be just like getting new free agents!!

Man i cant wait until august!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, is it too early to say this Cardinal team is cooked? Of course it’s not, but you give up an early four run lead to the team you are trailing in the standings, and gave up first place to in the last couple of weeks, and you are reeling.

Pitching is the big problem on this club. Even when we were in first place our pitching was questionable. Too many walks, and shaky middle relief. Now with all of the injuries, we just do not have the quality to consistently win.

Why was DeJong playing? Or maybe a better question is why was Carp playing, but that assumes Sosa can play second base.

Could be that tomorrow we will see the Cubs up by four early, and won’t see a comeback by our club. It will likely end something like 6-1, Chicago. Just not a good time for the Cardinals now with the pitching woes.

Hey, at least we held the phenom Wisdom hitless.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Don’t forget it was a garbage Cub starting pitcher today also.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know I am chiming in late. However, I had a few questions after watching and reflecting on today’s game.

1. Why didn’t Maddox go out to the mound and try to settle down Oviedo before things got out of hand? I would think that might have minimized the damage.
    2. Why did Yadi call for an inside pitch to Rizzo (the one he hit out)? Your going to get a fast ball from Ponce headed right into Rizzo’s wheelhouse. It is like they got what they were asking for.

This game can summarized as one with a good start with a disappointing ending.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Team is HOT garbage

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo needs to dial a few GMs numbers for some relief help. PDL and Woodford aren’t getting it done among others, and do not need to be prime time players. I do not understand how they keep trotting PDL out there, and he keeps giving up bombs. Get a clue Schildt.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo needs to mix things up after going through a lineup once or twice. Maybe throw more off speed stuff earlier in the count? He throws 3 or 4 good innings, then gets hammered. Much like the current team, frustrating.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Gotta hope the Cards can use smoke and mirrors to stay in touch with the division leader until they can get healthy – IF they can get healthy….

When healthy the team should compete for this division – on paper at least.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years