2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Nice game so far. Nice to see Oviedo in control of things and even better, scoring a coupla runs.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Oviedo seems to have hit a hiccup. Tough to know we’ll probably have to see four innings of bp

Also yadi has missed a decent amount of balls like the one inside by Oviedo that should’ve been caught this year

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Yikes that that throw from Yadi that went into the OF was just a dumb idea…..

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, that came apart quickly. Still, I wouldn’t have yanked Oviedo just yet. On the other hand, nobody made me manager.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Yep… its hard to watch us beat ourselves. All started with a 4 pitch walk that shoulda been 2 and 2.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Single, triple, E2, single and Oviedo gets pulled after two times through the order (same as his last start). Pedersons HR earlier vs Johan may have weighed in the decision.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I much preferred 5-1.

Well, let’s get back to the job at hand.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That 4 run lead unravelled quickly, looked to me like Oviedo got tired. Probably pretty hot there today. Going out to eat tonight Rats been cooking the last 2 nights. Need something tasty. Oh yeah looks like lineups shook up with DeJong back hope he picks it back up quickly

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Give that Rizzo guy a cigar!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Remember him playing couple years ago in playoffs with a hurt foot. Roboman!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It takes 5 runs just to stay in the game with our pitching. How many to win this one?

Paul7
    Participant

Free

That was the most pitches before a HR for a Cub hitter since they started tracking that stat.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Wooster it is very hot in Chicago. I knew about pitch 8 that Rizzo shot was coming with our recent luck (if we can call it luck after 2.5 months)

Obvious arenado and goldy won their GGs with highlight reel plays and high ops playing for small market teams

GACard
    Participant

Free

I can’t anymore. This team sucks

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Yea and i wish theyd start makin changes now instead of waiting until we are 10 games back at the deadline… if not worse

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got the same feeling GAC .Told my wife I’d watch it till it made me mad
    Had to suffer through 5 minutes of Bill Murray blabbering bout the Cubs. Its a long season and still early. Gotta find the good things right now and improve where its needed. Win a few lose a few. Just don’t get swept. Seems like they play worse at home?

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

50+ run differential swing in last 20ish games… horrible to watch

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will take at least 8 runs to win this one, so far……

That says a lot.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah just lack of depth combined with missed minor league season last year (a cause of lack of depth) combined with injuries, and goldy just isn’t the player we thought he’d be with bat or glove

I guess I’ll watch the rest though

GACard
    Participant

Free

Nevermind. Might turn it off. Don’t need this extra frustration in my life

Wooster
    Participant

Free

You’re right about the off season but its time for new talent to step up! Cubs are not exactly a team of established players. They gotta step up now. Tomorrows a new game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Love those 4 inning starts.

1982 willie
    Participant

Didn’t realize they were playing, had some fence work needed doing. Just cant have just 4 innings out of your starter. Didnt see so not sure it’s manager fault or pitchers but just not getting it done. 5 runs should at least give you a shot at winning game so can’t blame offense here.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Cubs now 22-10 at home. First comeback from a 5-1 Cardinal lead in Wrigley Field since 2003.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

As I said, I’ve stopped worrying about winning or losing and just watch the baseball. Much more comfortable on the mental health.

Rah Cardinals anyway.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.