2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Friday, June 11 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:20 p.m.
    RHP Johan Oviedo (0-2, 5.25) vs. Kohl Stewart
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does capacity go to 100% for this series?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, Wrigley will be at full capacity.

And I am sure we will have to face Hendricks at some point in the series. He kills us at Wrigley. You can expect 8 innings of zero runs when he pitches.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nogowski had a chance to make an impression, and it just didn’t happen for him. 1-18, albeit only a relatively small sampling, just doesn’t cut the mustard. If I were him I would demand a trade or my immediate release. He’s pretty much guaranteed stardom if he plays elsewhere.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee downs the Reds today (Thursday) at Riverfront by the score of 7-2. Brewers and Cubs are tied for 1st with identical 35-27 records. Cards sit 32-30 and are three games behind both. Realistically I am hoping for just one win at Wrigley this weekend. And yes, I know, we swept the Cubs four straight in late September of 2019 and held our own last year in the nine games at Wrigley.

Din-din today was the weekly trip to the Gasthof. And I havent seen the hot little blonde restaurant manager in almost a month now. Plus tonight I was going down to Huntingburg to the Dubois County Bombers game but the radar shows a good chance of showers so I decided to wait and go on Sunday night.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We all anxiously await your report on your next Gasthof restaurant manager sighting, Rat. Oh……and I’ve been meaning to ask you how that rigid new diet of your’s is coming along, Rat?? Din-din for me tonight is one whopper with fries, 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies and some Pepsi (no more Coke for me) to wash her all down with.

If we’re serious about contending this year, our Birds need to win this series. They need to mentally put all of these injuries aside and do just two things:

1. Have great fun.
    2. And get internally mad at the opposition.

*This can be accomplished. The question is if Mike Sarbaugh Shildt is the man to make this happen?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’s pretty much guaranteed stardom if he plays elsewhere.

I predict we trade him. Someone will stick him in the lineup, if not at 1B then OF, and he will do well. Why we didn’t move him to OF before Goldy’s John Hancock was dry is a mystery.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Along with that Brewers win at “Riverfront”, I see that the Dodgers disappointed the fans at Forbes Field, or was it Three Rivers, handing the Pirates a 6-3 loss, while the Phillies squeaked by the other Milwaukee team, the Braves 4-3 at Connie Mack Stadium.

In the American League it was Detroit 8, Seattle 3 at Tiger Stadium. The Mariners continue to struggle away from the Kingdome.

Not sure on din-din tonight here. We have been going through leftovers this week. Tomorrow evening it will be an outdoor BBQ, burgers and dogs, potato salad, chips and baked beans as we are throwing an 18th birthday bash for my wife’s grandson.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What do you guys think? Am I too old to date an 18 year old? She is now out of high school. And she’s quite the looker..:)

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat – That 18 year old BicycleMike referred to was his wife’s grandson….not granddaughter. You need to be thinking at least 40+ anyway. My darling wifey is 14 years my junior. I think a younger one in that range would suit your fancy too. But 18 is wayyyy too young. Go Birds!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am pretty sure age discrimination is illegal so do not let that stand in your way Rat.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just hope Hendricks doesn’t pull his usual garbage against us that he usually does at Wrigley, which is 8 innings, 0 runs, 75 pitches, top speed of 88mph. We need to get to this guy!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee hosts the Pirates this weekend for a three game series at County Stadium. That has got sweep written all over it. Best guess is that the Cards will lose ground to both Milwaukee and the Cubs this weekend. At least we have Miami coming up next week at home and the Cubs visit the Mets for four games. I believe the Cubs will see DeGrom in that series as well.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was looking at career averages versus the Cubs, and certainly 4 or them are well below them.

Carlson .087
    Carpenter .244
    Dejong .233
    Molina .252
    O’Neill .179

Some are small sample size like Carlson and O’Neill, but it seems these players are overdue for better numbers. And their best starter, Hendricks has been roughed up more this year.

I also would like to see Goldschmidt and Arenado hot at the same time.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently Hendricks is not starting today. It will be RHP Kohl Stewart.

The Cardinal lineup:

1. Edman RF
    2. Carlson CF
    3. Goldy 1B
    4. Arenado 3B
    5. O’Neill LF
    6. Molina C
    7. Carpenter 2B
    8. DeJong SS
    9. Oviedo P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That’s about where DeJong belongs……

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I have decided that I am no longer going to get my shorts in a twist about winning or losing and will from now on merely sit back and enjoy the game of baseball, which I truly love. Let the game begin. May the best team win. Unless that team is the Cubs, of course, which can’t possibly be the best team.

As for din-din tonight, there will be none. This afternoon is the monthly meeting of wifey’s reading club, which always ends with tea and an array of scrumptious cakes, which effectively kills everyone’s appetite for dinner. My only hope is that she returns home with a piece or two for me. Otherwise it’s a search of the fridge for an errant piece of chicken or chunk of cheese.

Rah Cardinals!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess it’s getting old reading ” Carp again” when it doesn’t fit the forum narrative.

Carp and Arenado both drive in a run, 2-0 Cardinals.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

40 pitches to get through the order the first time for Oviedo after 3 IP.

Pederson HR makes it 2-1

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Oviedo looking comfortable.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

50 pitches through 4 IP for Johan, very efficient. Setting himself up to go deep.

Competing in the strike zone well, 36 of 50 as strikes.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CIF, wonderful opportunity for Johan with the rotation depleted.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Good to see Oviedo cutting down his walks. Only two so far!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Arenado with two more RBIs. Good start to the series for the birds.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years