2021 Cardinals MLB Game 59 thread – Saturday, June 5 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 59 thread – Saturday, June 5 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The pinch hitter stranded bases loaded. That is where you need an experienced hitter rather than an MLB hopeful like Nogowski. And yeah, the pen will give it up.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

David, that was my exact concern. Helsley gives up a walk and a two-run bomb and the Cards are down 4-2. That could be the ball game.

I know the club is beset with injuries. However, it is getting harder and harder to watch this team. Poor pitching, sloppy defense and an ineffective offense. They appear to be entering “free fall” territory.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4 innings pitched by our starter not going to cut it. I don’t know if oviedos pitch count was getting high or shildt felt the need to go for it there. In a tied game, I don’t think it was time to go for broke. But I wasnt able to watch early so don’t know exact situation.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Nogowski flew out.

This “June Swoon” was predicted back in the days that followed the Arenado trade. Many of us said this team needed another bat (Outfielder) or two and at least one starting pitcher. But the front office stopped their offseason and now you see the effects. They are slowly and painfully falling out of the race.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea for some reason our guys can’t get India out but seems like most everyone else is, can we do it here. Yes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Want to stop the bleeding? You call on one man ….. Genesis “Cabby” Cabrera. If he’s not a future Ace closer in this league, then I’ve never seen one.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just think calling up nogowski is the wrong move for this team. Yea he hit great in spring but that’s a long time ago now and he’s basically a bench bat. So we have to put carpenter out there and pray for the best I guess or at least schildt thinks that. Seems like we could sign someone more competent at this time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These blasted umps love to squeeze Cabby. Cabby gets squeezed more than a fresh package of Charmin tissue. This needs to stop.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Nogowski hitting .268 at Memphis. Sadly the highest BA on team.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea but that’s no excuse for throwing one right down the middle to castellanos. Big moment for us to have any chance right here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, pitch to the backstop then Knizner throws it into left field. A give away run instead of an easy out at third.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, at least we’ve got Edman who can play baseball.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The shift needs to be outlawed.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Need to learn to adjust to the shift.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Nice to see my bubba Tejay Antone have an easy inning of work today.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

So it can be done. We just witnessed a player hit against the shift. Hey Carp did you take note?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we going to get swept, time will tell.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce wins the award for not walking anyone.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow. I have a feeling there are going to be more dark days ahead for this team. Rough series.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

We need to win 3 of 4 from the Reds

We need to win 2 of 4 from the Reds

We need to win 1 of 4 from the Reds

There’s always next year.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

So, do we buy at the trade deadline in order to win 70 games, as opposed to winning 60 otherwise?

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah sad to say but this looks like a team in free fall. My expectations have changed twice in the last few weeks

1st – this team could be a World Series contender

2nd – this is the type of team that can beat the bad teams, make the playoffs, and make noise if they get really hot

3rd – the depth concerns are even worse than I feared (probably was just trying to be too positive). This team probably isnt salvageable due to that lack of organizational depth and injuries piling up

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are the other organizations having this many injuries? I’m starting to wonder if the Cardinals’ front office didn’t just tell all their coaches and trainers to forget that there was a 2021 season coming, and enjoy the time off.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So, do we buy at the trade deadline in order to win 70 games, as opposed to winning 60 otherwise?

60 seems irrationally optimistic. We are at 31 now and may never win again.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

If you win 62 games, you lose 100, assuming no rainouts that aren’t made up. What’s the point in rushing anybody back from injury if the club isn’t going anywhere?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years