2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You certainly have a chance of being right, BlingBoy. That said, better players than Scherzer (at least value wise) have been moved for less. A package starting with Thompson and including several others could be seen by Washington as a good deal. For all we know, maybe they liked him in the draft and the Cards took him out under them. That’s part of what happened with Liberatore, I believe.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Bling, we are 10 for 54 with 3 home runs in pinch hitting according to baseball reference. The league average is 8 for 39 with 1 home run. We are right at league average.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sometimes I hate it when somebody has facts.sigh.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stlcard25. I guess it depends on his value for the time we would have him compared to the salary we would pay. If we are not taking a hit on the money I don’t think the basket of spare parts approach will be good enough.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bling, there’s no way we wouldn’t be taking on his salary for the rest of the year, which would be a prorated portion of the rest of his $34.5M. See the Machado deal a few years ago, where an everyday player having a great year only fetched one prospect in the Dodgers top 25. That’s basically the going rate for an elite rental now…one top 100ish guy plus a bunch of fliers. If I’m other teams, given how many quality players the Cards traded away over the last few years I’d be eager to swing a deal for someone you’re going to lose anyway.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Washington could make Scherzer and Schwarber available. Texas could make Gallo available. We should be in on guys like that. We also need to be in on more bullpen depth. Right now we have Reyes, Gallegos, and bunch of question marks.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mike Clevinger was traded last season at the deadline for prospect depth, not headliners, and Clevinger had 2+ yrs control remaining.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Ok so what is everybody’s thoughts on MM slide when nowhere near any base just to take out a defender….If Edmonds is hurt is more said about it….he might have been ok doing it but going after somebody like that nowhere near a base is dirt as can be.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

To me, it looked like Machado was just trying to duck under the tag. He didn’t go with his spikes out. He went to the ground. Edman was on a path that ended up in Machado’s path and flipped over him. I don’t think there was ANY ill will in the play.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The wide slide and the in the neighborhood tag of the 2nd base bag were outlawed to make the game more soft and fluffy. Play nice boys.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.