2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! You’re a gem Bling!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about that. Kim is perfect thru the first 8 men in the Pads order, then surrenders a base hit with 2 strikes to his counterpart in this game. Well, even though we have the bottom portion of our order coming to the dish in the top of the 4th, we’ll see whether Weathers can weather the upcoming onslaught.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even KK can’t manage to avoid the crucial walk. What on earth is wrong with our staff this year that they can’t hit the plate?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another crushing walk. Looking like all the momentum is on San Diego’s side now. Brooms are getting warmed up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim uncharacteristically loses accuracy midstream. Well, let’s look at the bright side. If anyone can restore order here, it’s Genesis Cabrera…..if he doesn’t plunk a couple Pads.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Getting clubbed by the San Diego B team once again. It’s like feast or famine for this club. It’s worse having to listen to these ESPN bozos fawn all over San Diego.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just don’t see SD hanging on to their 4-2 lead in a game like this, Stlcard25. We’ll get these chumps.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Genesis Cabrera breathes new life back into this ballgame.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of the order. Men or mice?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mice.

That may have been Matt Carpenter’s last at bat in professional baseball.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are 18 million reasons why not.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

I feel like the biggest issue we have that gets overlooked is the constant walks given up by our pitchers. We seem to constantly be in 2 and 0 counts especially our bullpen! We lead the league in walks! At least half out losses are due to this issue!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are 17 million reasons why not.

I think he’s toast now, Bling.

They’ll be no GG for O’Neill this year

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

E-7

Steve60
    Participant

Free

This teams leadership needs to do the right thing and FA Carpenter! Enough is enough!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you SteveO. And the same wildness issue seems to be running rampant throughout the organization at almost all levels. Just a fluke? Or something much deeper than that?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

E-7

It was a double all the way.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Traditionally, the Cards get by on playing clean baseball (avoiding the errors, walks, and pitching to soft contact). This year’s team seems to be the antithesis. The defense does not seem near as strong, the staff can’t keep guys from trotting to first base, and the one thing they’ve done ok at is avoiding hard contact.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If our Cards do get swept in a series of this nature, where they realistically should have won no less than two of these three games, someone has to pay the price. At least one sacrificial lamb has to be offered up to the baseball Gods. This lamb has to be Carpenter. One would think it would be announced tomorrow.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Getting beat three in a row by the SD B team is awful!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scarry! You don’t want to see anyone hurt, but at first , I thought that was Carlson hurt sprawled out on the turf. It was Moroff. Hope the kid is ok

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

nah Euro, bad route. Charged in hard and couldn’t recover

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Moroff takes one in the kisser after colliding with Carlson. He had some glistening red lips after that. Somebody should’ve been whistled for a flagrant 1. I guess Moroff can take solace with the fact that O’Neill plays LF instead of RF.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

jj, my comment was tongue in cheek and I agree with your sentiment. Clearly an MLBer must make that play, and I bet Tyler would agree, even though I think he was saying he didn’t see it well.

In spite of what we think, official scorers rarely give an error on a misplay where the ball is not touched. No exception here as it was scored a 2-base hit.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i thought maybe you didn’t have a broadcast and didn’t see the bad route. all good

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years