2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 16 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The score (Cards down by 2) may be adversely effecting Reyes’ concentration. He’s not used to pitching when not protecting the lead.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Would anybody have ever thought we would have lost all three games in San Diego?

This has been sickening to say the least.

Time to make some corn dogs and watch Barnaby Jones.

r/Esteemed Rat

Steve60
    Participant

Free

And we are watching yet another example of the issue with walks and control!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

this guy is squeezing us bad

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy those clouds out over center field look mighty ominous……not quite as ominous as the scoreboard though.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Somehow, I think the heavy emphasis on the beer limit policy at the beginning of the series is partially to blame for this weekend swoon.

Pugs, you might need to lobby Brian and BikeMike for a one-time “open bar/no questions asked” night for the next game to snap us out of this.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Time to make some corn dogs

That a boy, Rat. Your quest to hit 300 is looking alive and kicking. But then this off season, you and I are going to be work outaholics.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha!! Beautiful idea with the brewskis, Euro.

We can still beat these guys.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

If you guys need a healthier snack, I’ve been munching on Bold Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds the last couple innings. I’ll warn you they are addictive and overeating could be an issue. My Welsh Terrier and I have eaten over over half the can.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Padres collected 25 free passes in this Series, while the Cards walked 9 times. St Louis won’t win the Central, much less do anything in October, without the pitching staff tightening up their control.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

That’s five consecutive losses at Jack Murphy (I think that’s what we call it here). The Cards will have to call the Pads their Dads until they prove otherwise.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I see a challenge issued by Euro Dandy. Euro & his Welsh Terrier vs Rat & his Terrier Rat aka WhiteyHerDog. Which team can down the most Blue Diamond almonds? I can give you 274 reasons why Rat’s team would prevail.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whitey Herdog is a Dachshund. She’s also the World’s Most Dangerous Dog!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My apologies, Rat. I thought she was a Rat Terrier or a Terrier Rat….I forget which is which. Anyway, I have complete and utter confidence that you and your Dangerous Dachshund would absolutely destroy Euro Dandy and his pooch in an eating contest.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The almond challenge could be interesting since you never know how two female canines will mix. Bonnie has the typical terrier prey drive and competitive spirit. You can call her a lot of things, but “late for dinner” is not one of them. She would try to carry me to victory.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting Euro Dandy. Looks like I misjudged your faithful pooch, Bonnie. This may be an even money grudge match. Hmmm…. I’m still putting $274 on Rat to win though.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Cards getting SWEPT in SD by the Padre’s B TEAM just goes to show you the Cards are nowhere near as good as their record might indicate!!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Bring on those bottom-dwellers!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We really stunk up the joint.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think this was an indicator that the team isn’t any good. But it is a reminder that the little things still matter and that’s what the Cards will need to clean up to be what they hope for later in the year. I still think they need a starter. Scherzer will be available, most likely. It’s a move that makes all the sense in the world, especially with the fragility of our staff. Max and Jack would be a heck of a 1-2 punch for the stretch, and strengthen the pen as well.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agreed Stlcard25. Scherzer leapfrogs us over Atlanta and puts us smack dab in the middle of the pond with LA and SD. Without that second stud (with all just due respect to the aging Waino) starter, our Cards will be fighting a losing battle come October. He won’t come cheap though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Scherzer would be a great pickup. We have to be contenders at that point to make it worthwhile. Hopefully this is just a minor bump in the road where the pitching just was horrible or could be the Padres just own us at this point. The main issue is walks and hit batters and that’s been a lingering issue. We have gotten away with it sometimes but it needs fixed. Some will blame coaching but I blame the players. Now in done cases if coaches keep putting same pitchers out there, it becomes coaching issue because obviously the pitcher is showing you what they are going to do.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As for the cost of Scherzer, we’ve seen that rentals rarely cost you high end prospects. I’d hazard that a package built around Zack Thompson, maybe even Angel Rondon depending on how things go before the deadline, would get the deal done. Scherzer makes a lot of money so that eats up some of his surplus value.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Somebody else will top that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Besides some weakness in the pen we also have no bat off the bench. Our aggregate PH batting line must be sick.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.