2021 Cardinals MLB Game 30 thread – Tues, May 4 vs Mets to Wed Game 1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 30 thread – Tues, May 4 vs Mets to Wed Game 1

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rain delay is pathetic, its hardly sprinkling. More evidence of the woosificaion of the game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Mr. deGrom received a healthy dose of film, starring Arenado, Carlson, Goldy, Tommy E., O’Neill and yes, even footage of Carp’s two 3-run taters last week, and came down with a mysterious ailment. He wimped out…..but who could blame him. Let’s take this Miguel Castro chap downtown…..again again and again. Cards ramrod the Mets in this one 11-4.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Abreu just homered in Cincinnati. After about an hour rain delay over there the WhiteSox lead the Reds 1-0 in the 2nd.

And do we have an estimate on the start time tonight?

I just finished making my Sloppy Joe stuff. After my 1st cigar me and Whitey Herdog will probably partake of some.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sloppy joes sound devine, Rat. I bet we see our first pitch at 8:11pm. Let’s see who guesses closest.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I would guess first pitch at 8:00 cst, 9:00 Rat time.

And the WhiteSox now lead the Reds 3-0 in the 2nd. A two run single by Tim Anderson. No relation to Tom Anderson of Beavis & Butthead fame.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

I was just outside. No rain. My neighbor has his grill going.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well our old buddy millet just hit a three run second deck homerun for phillies against the brewers. He did some good things last year but I’m glad we didn’t resign him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe they are anticipating some heavy rain being imminent. Our schools do that over here with snow by calling off school early but always look bad when we don’t get anything.

Participant

Paid - Annual

game postponed. D-H tomorrow.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I had the mic charged up and ready to go, some cool stats at the ready and some good vittles in my tum-tum, so what do they do? They call the blasted game off. 80% of twin bills end in splits, so why even watch the games tomorrow? It’s all but in the books….. it’s a split tomorrow.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the rainout benefits the Mets more than the Cards. They were going to have a bullpen game…so rather than 9 innings, they will only have to cover 7. Then their starter coming back from injury will only have to cover a minimal amount of innings and their bullpen will still have a break. Looking at the radar, it looks relatively clear so I don’t see why they couldn’t have gotten this one in.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Will this be a day-night DH? Or first game at 4:15 and the 2nd one to follow 30 minutes later?

Tomorrow is my day to go to the Gasthof, the Amish restaurant, so I want to be sure and coordinate game times with the visit to the Gasthof. Unless my hot nurse practitioner keeps me at her office way too long tomorrow. She is supposed to give me a steroid shot for my ailing right shoulder.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

As BW noted this game starts at 4:15

Participant

Paid - Annual

For the record it was a sprinkles delay not a rain delay. It is quite understandable that a little girl with pigtails would not have wanted her new church going dress to get sprinkled on. And my neighbor’s bbq went off without a hitch 10 miles from Busch.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess one positive about the rainout…at least temporarily, the Cards slipped into 1st place by a half game after the Brewers loss. Hopefully Johan and KK are on their games today and the Cards can get to the Mets bullpen in game 1, wearing them out for game 2. Like Pugs said, a split is likely but the Cards could help themselves a lot with a strong 24 hours here.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Note: Fans who purchased tickets for this rained out Tuesday game will receive a credit that the original ticket purchaser may use during the 2021 regular season. Wednesday’s tickets are good for both games.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you Bling. Let’s hope no dark clouds appear on the horizon or we could be looking at back-to-back twin bills.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the first game will be Stroman vs Kim, with Oviedo pitching for the Cards in game 2. Not sure who the Mets will throw, but probably Jordan Yamamoto.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

LHP Bernardo Flores is the 27th man today.

Mets are starting Stroman in Game 1 and bullpen game in Game 2.

Shildt confirmed Kim is starting Game 1. “Traditionally we send out the more experienced guy in first game, but we have confidence in both.” (I am deleting my post above since it is not accurate.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In case you are having trouble finding the game…

Participant

Paid - Annual

This will be a 7 inning game? I really don’t like the shortened games. And is Degrom back starting?

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds down the WhiteSox this afternoon 1-0 in ten innings. They also lost Joey Votto for a few weeks to a fractured thumb.

Me and Whitey Herdog are headed to the couch……

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This will be a 7 inning game? I really don’t like the shortened games. And is Degrom back starting?

7 innings, and DeGrom is out.

Personally, I enjoy the snappy 7 inning games.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kim allows a base hit and a walk in the first but keeps the Mets off the board.

Time for the Cards to take advantage of Stroman being back after a layoff, like the Mets did to Waino the other night.

I guess Marcus did start the other night but left after an injury.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years