2021 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Monday, May 3 vs Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Monday, May 3 vs Mets

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes not making it easy on himself with two walks in the inning.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Do lights count as a failure?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well he’s making it interesting. Is he turning into isringhausen.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a winner!

1982 willie
    Participant

That’s a winner

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes gives me a similar feeling as I used to get when Carlos was our closer. It’s often a wild ride but he is pretty effective. He gets the fly out and the Cards are now 17-12. That puts them in a tie for the NL Central lead after the Brewers lost tonight.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

And you got the final score right!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our old warhorse notches his maiden win of 2021…..which was never in doubt. Anytime you can trot out the 1-2-3 punch of Cabby-Gallegos- Reyes in the late innings, you know you’re in pretty fair state.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And you got the final score right!

Hey, whaddya know? A blind squirrel and all that. While the rally happened earlier than the game, I also nabbed the pick that Waino did just enough to help us win. I’d take 6 runs tomorrow and be thrilled to the gills. Lol

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

deGrOm is dead meat tomorrow. I’m calling it 5-3 Good Guys in advance.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was right about Bader not in the 8 hole being an omen.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Cardinals are 2-0 in games where Bader homers

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our pen reminds me of watching little kids bowling where they put those bumpers in the gutters so the ball just can’t drop off and ends up knocking down the pins.

Wainwright’s game score 37, ouch, and ERA took a hit, but he got the W so who cares.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any Hicks news?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Only that Mo’s intent as interviewed is clearly to send him down before the game, provided he can get medical opinion to justify IL today.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

There was other news before the game. Youngling Johan Oviedo is going to make the start today and everyone else is going to shift back a day. We knew that he was expected to make another start in this 17-game stretch, we just didn’t know when. However, you can’t just snatch him from Jakku um, Sauget–because he hasn’t been down 10 days yet. The only way that this Jedi can return is if there is an injury situation.

Which of course there is. It’s a tragedy on the order of Darth Plagueis the Wise that Jordan Hicks left with an arm issue this weekend. The team has gotten imaging that they want to continue to evaluate–perhaps they are waiting on a missing part to the map of his arm. Whatever the result, it seems obvious that Hicks is going to go on the injured list retroactive to Sunday and Oviedo will get the call. I don’t know if this is quite a situation where, with Hicks being struck down, the team gets more powerful than possibly imagined but I would hope so, given that Oviedo has to face Jacob deGrom today and deGrom probably wants revenge for the fifth straight Cardinal win.

C70 says it is happening, in his Maythe4th Day (Star Wars)
    article

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.