2021 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Monday, May 3 vs Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Monday, May 3 vs Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (0-3, 4.08) vs. TBA
    BSM // ESPN+ // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Eastern Arkansas

Update: So cal’s prediction was right, as LH Joey Lucchesi has been added to the Mets roster to start.

Participant

Free

TBA might be Lucchesi since he was optioned out to ATS for 10 days on April 23. Carrasco’s 6-8 week window for healing from a torn hamstring (~March 18) starts now as well, but he is only stretched out to 5 innings and reportedly will have a start or two in the minors soon.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With the New York nationals in town I wonder if Keith Hernandez will be here? Not sure if all teams road games are broadcast in a studio.

Hopefully Keith is back at the old stomping grounds for the HoF induction as well. Can’t imagine any of the other candidates out-poling him this time, but we will see.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Weather Channel late last night said there was about a 50% chance of rain in the St. Louis area today and tonight. But I just checked the Doppler Radar and I see no green stuff. So I feel confident when I say this one will be played.

The Mets came away with a late rally last night in Philadelphia to win 8-5. Along with an overturned homerun call in the 9th they managed to squeak it out.

And no offense to bccran here, but……..my Monday din-din will be the last of the center cut rib chops in the air fryer smothered with beef gravy, green beans, sliced potatoes/gravy, and my last piece of strawberry cake with extra strawberry glaze. Along with a Pepsi. And no doubt Whitey Herdog will be here next to my desk wanting a bite or two as I watch an episode of Hogan’s Heroes.

r/Esteemed Rat

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Waino has had some tough luck his last 2 starts. Cardinal off has produce 2 runs and not one of those runs has scored before the 7th. It’d be nice to see him get an early lead even it’s a solo blast in the bottom first. I think tomorrow s runs will be a little harder to come by… I believe we’re facing some pitcher named DeGrom. I hear he’s pretty good.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It’s Going to be a beautiful Monday here in Oregon. As I wait for the game to start, I need to get a few things done around the house and run a few errands. Not sure what my wife is making for dinner but it will be tasty. After all she is an actual chef. Here’s some predictions

1. Goldy and Nado combine for 5 hits.

2. Bader or Edman get an infield Hit.

3. Waino picks up the W

4. Cardinals 5 Mets 2

Participant

Free

I was hoping yesterday’s Mets-Phillys game would go 19 innings. Came oh so close to a tie in the bottom of the 9th, until that reversal of the HR. With deGrom tomorrow, a bullpen game today wouldn’t be a surprise.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The only positive about facing DeGrom in this series is that he doesn’t get much run support either. The Mets’ offense has struggled this year, to say the least. But they still have a lot of excellent bats who are dangerous. Waino will need to be on top of things today. I think he does just enough and the Cards score 3 in the 8th to win it 6-5.

Participant

Paid - Annual

First pitch temp 80F precip 10%

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Heading into the Mets series, an update on the offense (OPS+):

Edman 109
    Carlson 129
    Goldy 81
    Arenado 120
    Dejong 84
    O’Neill 129
    Knizner 77
    Bader 112

Carp 60
    Sosa 107
    Williams 72
    Yadi 177
    Dean 87

Team 95

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

blingboy wrote:

First pitch temp 80F precip 10%

Just checked the Doppler again. And like last time a few hours ago dont see any green stuff in the metropolitan St. Louis County area. Nor do I see any green stuff in the city of St. Louis, which is not in St. Louis County since it’s an independent city.

However, there does appear to be a big pile of green stuff headed towards Chicago. The Dodgers/Cubs might experience a delay or perhaps even a rainout tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Outfielders in the top 2 OPS+ spots, and 3 of the top 4. Ka-niz, Goldy and DeJong the only guys below the average player right now among the starters.

Edman, for all his good work is only 9% above the average player on offense at this point. As a comparison, Kolten Wong has a 134 OPS+, which of course would lead the club if he was doing that and still a Cardinal.

Participant

Free

Lacchesi starting tonight, Zamora optioned out, according to Puma

Dean optioned out to make room for Waino, not Hicks.

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. A. Wainwright (R) P

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL offense mlb rank among all 30 teams:
    Home: 23rd, 84 ops+
    Away: 7th, 110 ops+
    as C: 6th, 148
    as 1B: 21st, 75
    as 2B: 24th, 84
    as 3B: 13th, 106
    as SS: 14th, 101
    as LF: 2nd, 157
    as CF: 15th, 105
    as RF: 26th, 57
    as PH: 11th, 106
    as infield: 14th, 102
    as outfield: 12th, 105
    RISP: 4th, 123

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Interesting breakdown JJ. Our left-fielders and catchers are doing a nice job. Course the catcher work is primarily from Yadi’s hot start.

Carp really brought down the second base number. Right field should improve with Carlson getting most of the playing time now.

Need to get the bats going at home.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. A. Wainwright (R) P

We are sending out an entirely right-handed hitting order versus the lefty. My order would go this way 3 thru 6: Areando, O’Neill, Goldschmidt, DeJong.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing of note regarding Dejong…he has feasted on Mets pitching in his career. In 20 career games he has hit .361 with a 1.200 OPS, including 9 home runs and 10 doubles.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As per my above thread, the Dodgers and Cubs are already postponed tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s your typical one run of support Adam, good luck.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Just curious if anyone knows Wainos stats when Yadis not catching him?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

not much to see David. the second most innings were with Cruz and he’s within .011 (higher ops allowed) of Yadi.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader ties the game 2-2 with a homer.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Anchor!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years