2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, it is for my own good. Luckily there is no nearby precipice to hurl myself from.

Participant

Din-Dins have nothing to do with baseball or the Cardinals. Since Brian doesn’t seem to want to step in to enforce posting rules, I’d like to humbly make a
    suggestion. Why not have a separate Din-Din thread so other posters don’t have to read through all that stuff on a game thread where people just want to talk about the Cardinals. Common courtesy. It would be very helpful. Thank you very much.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You may be a lone wolf when it comes to anti-din-din game thread sentiments, Cranny. If I didn’t know you better, I’d say you’re merely looking to ruffle Brian’s feathers with this protest.

Participant

No Pugsley, I tried to ruffle his feathers when he didn’t step in when a poster said I had the intelligence of his work boots.
    If he’s not going correct that comment, a blatant and thoughtless breach of the rules, it’s pretty much a lost cause as far as fair and consistent moderating.

But I’m not going to say anything more about mixing poster’s daily food intake with baseball and the Cardinals. It seems like it creates a lot of joy. The only reason I stepped in this time is because a poster invited all other posters who hadn’t chimed in yet about their din-din to join the fray. Felt that was a little too much.

But I’m a better reader of others’ comments than I am a poster, so will retreat again into that mode.

The very best to you.

Participant

Free

Thanks for including us in your Din-din poll. Now I feel like a regular, instead of just a newbie.

And the most important dinner tonight was, as you said earlier, the offering of Crowe that Bader munched on, le slider plus de le centre de l’assiette.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe I was selfish in introducing the din-din segment to our game threads a few years ago, as I have stolen quite a few dinner ideas from my fellow posters. It’s certainly not food for thought for everyone. I’m sure there are plenty of posters who just skip right over it. But I’ve found it to fun and hopefully others have as well. I believe it only belongs in a free lance thread such as is the nature of game threads.

Quick thought. At the risk of appearing to butter up the boss here, I think most posters know that Brian is an extremely fair person. You obviously have a squabble with him over an issue. Have you tried emailing him? We’ve noticed that you do not post as often as you once did. It would be a shame if you left this site. Your baseball expertise is appreciated by many on this board. You have the capability to do what I could never do to this baseball savvy group…… enlighten. There are others here who do the same. Losing just one of you guys on a site of this size is a big loss for all. I guess the krux of what I’m saying is lighten up and have fun, Cranny!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I, for one, enjoy the din din posts. I say if you want continue posting them, do so, or, if not, ignore them. They are sometimes inspire my future lunches and dinners.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought the moderator was jumping on bccran for every little thing. No respect. I can’t blame him for wanting to lay low for awhile.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Mudville. For sure, Cardinals27. Some great munchie ideas from the gang can be had here. One more food tidbit then we’ll start studying the Mets. We have all heard the phrase “Let’s do lunch”. Guess who started it? Yep. At ASU in 1983, I would point at one of my buddies and say “let’s do dinner”. After awhile it carried on to “let’s do breakfast” and “let’s do lunch”. It’s amazing how quickly those phrases spread thru the entire campus. It was about a year later, while sitting in a Jack In the Box restaurant in Huntington Beach, CA , when I heard this surfing guy say to his buddy “let’s do lunch dude”, that I knew the phrase was going world wide. Then it was about a half year later when I heard the phrase on tv for the first time. For whatever reason it was “let’s do lunch” instead of “let’s do dinner” that stuck. Go Birds!

Participant

Free

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free
    And on a good note…..the Reds down the Cubs in a slugfest at Cincinnati. 13-12 Reds the final in 10 innings. Cantaloupe the winning hit in the last of the 10th, a soft liner to center for a single to bring home Winker

I wonder if the Reds are a more likely threat for the Central than the Cubs though.

Our pitching seems to have gotten a lot better this week and the offense I’ve roles have started to come together. I’m not worried about Goldschmidt, but if DeJong can get back to his career average, we will be dangerous.

Participant

Mudville –
    You hit the nail on the head. Brian has jumped on me far more than on any other poster. Since I know him personally, it has had a special sting to it. It really is better for him, other posters, and me that I take a non participatory back seat and just enjoy reading the posted comments of great Cardinal fans each day.

Participant

Paid - Annual

By the way, cranny, this outfield is looking pretty good lately. Your concerns about the outfield may not come to be. We’ll see. But if this keeps up your ‘din-din’ is liable to be a big plate of crow. Of course, if we can’t find any crow for you, there’s always possum……..

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs reference of Let’s Do Lunch reminds me of a local talented thoroughbred by same name racing in Chicago area some 15-20 years ago.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

An ex-ladyfriend from around home here had relocated to Las Vegas. I called her and told her I was going to be in town for a couple of days for the big BCA Pro 9-Ball Tournament. She said “We can do lunch” and then when I got to Vegas she blew me off.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who was steamed at the above.

Participant

Free

She might have spent some time in Hollywood. There, Pugs’ 1983 expression morphed into ‘go away and leave me along’ as in ‘let’s do lunch, I’ll call you’.

Participant

Paid - Annual

and then when I got to Vegas she blew me off.

You should have left WhiteyHerDog back in Indiana, Rat. It’s surprising she didn’t show anyway despite the pooch, as what kind of date wouldn’t want to head back to your hotel to watch a “Perry Mason” marathon?

In honor of Cranny I shall refrain from revealing tonight’s Din-Din…..but only this once.

Yeah So_Cal and the real tragedy is that for coming up with such a world renowned phrase, I got paid a grand total of $0.

Looking forward to tonight’s game as I think Waino will be equal to the task at hand. I’ll call this one 8-3 Birds with Arenado finding the cheap seats with bat in hand

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

She went back to your room and blew you off or from afar? That could be 2 very different outcomes.

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years