2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And there’s the double play…Carlos through 3 on 37 pitches.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well carlos got in a little trouble but worked out of it. Bader hitting the ball hard twice today is good to see. I think carlos just looks prime to have one of those bad innings, he’s great but army same time off a bit. Got two ours here but two batters reach. I think we are going to need more offense.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Hicks: elbow tightness. Shook it a few times. Arenado went over to talk, then they all came out to talk. He wanted to stay in. Had plenty of velocity. Tests tomorrow, then decision.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CMart pitch count 51 through 4

1982 willie
    Participant

Carlos got it back together now. Another inning like the last and he will have a solid start

1982 willie
    Participant

If oneil had been hustling out of the box, he might have scored on that hit with polonco fumbling it.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Doncha just hate it when these guys stand at the plate and admire their work? Then oops!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t see the O’Neill play, but unfortunate that he wasn’t able to score.

On another Tyler note, he’s got his K rate down to near 1/3rd of the time with a decent rate of late (25% since returning from the injured list) and he’s doing damage on balls in play. I’d like to see his walk rate rise above its current paltry rate, but if he’s going to generate extra base hits, I can live with a weird K/BB rate.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos through 7 innings on 90 pitches with 61 going for strikes. It’s possible that’s the end of his day, but we will see. He’s not striking many out this year, but he’s managing contact and the defense is doing its job of late. Hopefully he can pick up win #2 here.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos finishes 8 innings on 100 pitches, with 70 going for strikes. Splendid work for Mr Martinez, who has lowered his season ERA to 3.72 after that ghastly start to the year. Righting the ship against Philly after the defense let him down early in that start a couple weeks ago has been a turning point.

David
    Participant

Free

Cmart should have been given the chance to earn the CG, SO… but that’s today’s baseball. Not fair to Cmart or any pitcher whose been in that situation.

1982 willie
    Participant

Carlos ended up with a great start. Good thing since our offense wasn’t great today. Nice to see him putting it together. I like how we are playing overall. Bader has looked better against the slider, oneil has improved his k rate and doing more. Get yadi back even though knizner hasn’t been bad, I think we are fine.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes comes in and closes the door and that’s your 3-0 final! That goes for the game and the series as the Cards head back home with a 16-12 record. The Dodgers are taking out some frustration on the Brewers today so the team should be 1 back in the division at the end of the day.

1982 willie
    Participant

David, I don’t agree. This early in the season a 100 pitches is a lot. Later in the season yea I agree but not yet.

David
    Participant

Free

David, I don’t agree. This early in the season a 100 pitches is a lot. Later in the season yea I agree but not yet.

Fair enough Willie. I can see your point. I was just thinking about CMart since a CG SO is so rare in this age of baseball.

David
    Participant

Free

Nice win… That’s back to back weekend series sweeps.

David
    Participant

Free

Lot of good things to take away from this series other than the obvious sweep.

1 CMART looks back on track

2 Goldy, I feel, is getting in a groove again.

3. Baders return which sparked a little energy and was all the offense the Cardinals needed today.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good points, David. Getting Goldy going would really help make the offense more formidable, as it seems like Carlson, Arenado and maybe O’Neill have taken some turns carrying things at times. Edman has been pretty steady at the leadoff spot, which has helped. Dejong needs to improve his batting average and Goldy his all around offensive game, get Yadi back and the offense could look pretty solid.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Working outside all day so did not see the contest, but like what I read. The club is more stable with Bader back bolstering the outfield defense, and it appears he has made some adjustments at the plate.

If Ty can keep up the good work, that need for an outfielder has greatly diminished.

Still not sold on DeJong as the long time answer at short. Obviously Shildt is going to play him unless he turns into Matt Carpenter.

Pitching has stepped it up a lot since the early going. Barring injury I think we are set up well there.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its nice to get a sweep on the road. 2nd time we’ve done it and its only early May. Now tomorrow we need Adam to step out of the dugout with a cape on and shut down the muts. Some O support would be nice.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And on a good note…..the Reds down the Cubs in a slugfest at Cincinnati. 13-12 Reds the final in 10 innings. Cantaloupe the winning hit in the last of the 10th, a soft liner to center for a single to bring home Winker.

Dodgers pound the Brewers at Milwaukee 16-4.

And Pugs? I missed Barnaby Jones on Friday night so I will watch him later tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I have been watching old “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” episodes on the Roku channel during my early morning treadmill workouts. Those are great shows – sometimes a tragedy, always some drama, with a bit of the dry Hitchcock humor thrown in.

Hitchy himself is great during the hosting segment.

But I gotta hand it to the Esteemed one, Barbary Jones, Mannix, Cannon etc are all great shows. My wife watches Grey’s Anatomy regularly and I will catch some of it with her now and then, but it is nowhere close to the quality of those old shows. Plus they often have singing as background – not just music but vocals, which annoys the heck out of me. I can’t concentrate on the dialogue due to the vocals in the background. My wife says she hardly notices it, so I am sure I am the weird one on that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would someone kindly inform Cranny that our Game thread “What’s For Din-Din” feature is about Cardinal baseball. What’s the first 5 things that come to mind when hearing the words “St. Louis Cardinals?” For me it’s:
    1. Stan Musial
    2. Red
    3. Jack Clark’s tater off Niedenfuer
    4. UCONN’s scrumptious pies
    5. Cardinal Nation “What’s For Din-Din” game thread feature.

Speaking of din-dins, as we speak, our very own BicycleMike is enjoying some tender chicken fettuccine at Olive Garden. And earlier it was JJ gulping 7 Red Lobster biscuits down the hatch, along with some coconut shrimp. And Cardinal In France had his usual dinner fit for a king on full display this evening in the south of France. But what are “tagliatelles”? Bling’s peach cobbler covered in vanilla ice cream sounds magnifico and could only be surpassed by one dessert….apple cobbler covered in vanilla ice cream. Forgetting one…..oh, So_Cal….opt for the almond So_Cal. Karen’s lemon bars turned out simply marvelous I would bet. And Rat…..Barnaby, cantaloupe, air fryer, WhiteyHerDog and a big ol’ Cubano cigar sounds like quite the ticket to a fun evening……for you.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Barbary Jones, Mannix, Cannon etc are all great shows.

Indeed. My favorites are Rockford Files, Dragnet, and The F.B.I.

Speaking of din din, I will not be participating in future. My doctor and my wife have conspired to put me on a diet. Everything worth eating has disappeared from the house. A steam cooker and a Ninja mini blender looking thing have appeared. From what I understand, it will be too humiliating to describe and you would not want to hear about it anyway. Prayers would be in order.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my Bling. Why live? My wifey attempted to put me on a similar diet a couple of years ago because my blood pressure was thru the roof. I would have no part of it. I kept eating the so called “bad” stuff, but added morning and evening grape seed and garlic pills, plus I stated taking a 30 minute nightly walk thru this hilly area where I live and walla…..BP went from 177 to 132….bottom numbers are in line, it’s just the top number I pay attention to.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.