2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 28 thread – Sunday, May 2 at Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:05 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (0-3, 4.08) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX

Update: Wainwright has been scratched. CMart is going on regular rest.

Carlos Martinez (1-4, 4.76) vs. RHP Wil Crowe (0-0, 3.86).

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I remember sitting in the stands of PNC Park in June of 2016 and watching Carlos twirl a gem against the overmatched Buccos. He nearly got a complete game, exiting in the 9th as the Cards won comfortably. There happened to be a fireworks display that evening after the game, and the backdrop of “dahntahn” Pittsburgh was lovely and made the victory that day even sweeter. Life was good.

Hopefully for the Cards’ sake (and CiF’s) there will be some offensive fireworks on display again and Carlos can continue to turn back the clock on his pitching to 2016 levels.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wil Pittsburgh be eating Crowe for sending this young man out to mann the mound today? Speaking of “Crowe”, in these times of few quality Hollywood films, the wifey and I saw a dandy last night at home. “Unhinged” starting Russell Crowe”. An intense movie where your mind does not wander off topic even once during the entire show. Can our Birds complete the sweep? I have no idea. This is a game that I wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot Louisville slugger, if I were a betting man.

Besides our regular “What’s For Din-Din” crew, I think it would be most refreshing to hear from some of our posters whom normally do not weigh in on the topic. I’m having peppered Lake Michigan salmon, onion riddled potato salad, nice tomatoes, 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies and chilled cranberry juice to wash it all down with.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Early Din-Din for us this afternoon. After we spend a couple hours at the gun range, it’s off to Red Lobster, and I already know I’m having the jumbo coconut shrimp! Keep then buttery cheese biscuts coming!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Since no one has commented upon the scratch, I assume everyone already knows something I don’t.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I see Adam is going tomorrow.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I thought Wainwright wasn’t back with the team until Monday or Tuesday due to Covid-19 contact tracing?

Participant

Pugs –
    I haven’t weighed in on the “din-din” topic, because it has nothing to do with baseball or the Cardinals. And Brian Walton is always telling up to stay on topic.
    He’s been mysteriously absent in this case.

Participant

Free

This is probably a food pickup day, with yakisoba noodles and chicken, with sweet hot ginger.

Karen is making gluten free lemon bars, where the edges of the lemon custard get gummy. So delicious. She is experimenting with a grain free crust for friends, so the debate before church in our house is pecan vs almond, and whether she makes an extra for home.

Participant

Free

Welcome back from Spring Break Bc. You seem refreshed, and ready to spar. Carpenter is batting 3rd today, which will give our flowing pens plenty of opportunity to create an ink shortage.

Participant

Free

In anticipation of another Redbird thumping of the woeful Pirates we’ll be having chicken breasts, first browned in butter then slipped into the oven, doused with rich cream and garlic, and covered with thin slices of onion, tomatoes and cumin gouda, served with fresh tagliatelles and a green salad, finishing off with a dessert of warm rice pudding. We may skip the wine today and go with a simple iced tea.

Let’s hope Goldy and Arenado continue on their road to recovery and the rest of the boys join in to make ol’ CiFs day.

Rah Cardinals!

Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Carlos Martinez (R) P

Participant

Free

Since no one has commented upon the scratch, I assume everyone already knows something I don’t.

He’s had his vaccines and was exposed by a family member recently. He is healthy. Even at the beginning of his quarantine, it was only planned for the weekend. New CDC regulations issued after the scratch would not even have him quarantine with direct exposure unless symptomatic, since he’s been vaccinated. MLB may have stricter rules because of the risk.

Participant

Paid - Annual

BLT sandwich with warm peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

Is Goldy dinged or is Shildt pulling a Matheny and sitting a guy who’s hot?

I had forgotten about Waino’s covid time out. My wife always said my memory would be the second thing to go.

Participant

Free

Yoicks! Carp in the No. 3 slot! I know he has now magnificently surged over .100 BA, but No. 3? If we must take him off the bench to give his cheeks an airing perhaps it would be wiser to let him join Bader in Dante’s lower level of the baseball world.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is a scheduled day off for Goldy. Shildt said he likes the current lineup construction so decided not to change it for today.

Shildt also said there are no more boxes to check for Waino to start Monday. The other roster move could be Hicks to the IL, but that won’t be decided until he gets imaging in St. Louis on Monday.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Carpenter always seems to hit well in Pittsburgh. At least it seems that way to me. I think this is a big game for him. If he can come up with a couple of hits, well, who knows, maybe he’s found something. I just hope Carlos throws strikes.

Vittles for me today will be a couple of center cut rib chops in the air fryer, green beans, sliced potatoes with beef gravy, and a Pepsi. Dessert will be some homemade ice cream along with a couple of small chocolate covered donuts. All of this commences about first pitch. Then after din-din I’ll be having a big 7×50 Palma Real cigar on the couch with my old buddy Whitey Herdog next to me.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Okay, Carp has run in to a couple of pitches as a pinch-hitter, but no way you hit him third in a spot start. Here is my order with this crew:

Edman
    Carlson
    Arenado
    O’Neill
    DeJong
    Carpenter
    Knizner
    Bader
    Martinez

And I would be okay swapping Catcher K and Hitter C in the order, moving Carp to 7th.

With all due respect to the Esteemed Rat, I disagree on Carpenter today. I think he will come up in a key spot in the game, and strikeout leaving Arenado in the on deck circle.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am having a light lunch today of a grilled cheese sandwich, potato chips, banana, and a diet mountain dew. I have to save room for tonight as the family is ordering out from Olive Garden.

I think the Cards get the sweep today. Big hits from Carlson and Arenado, Carlos goes 5.1 and the bullpen closes it out.

Participant

Free

If he come up as stated, I’m hoping for a 12 pitch walk. He is capable of fouling off a bunch.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader bomb!! Perfect timing with bc’s return from spring break. 3-0 Cards!

Participant

Paid - Annual

What happened to Hicks last night? Did he get hurt?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Recent formula: Fan whipping boys hit three-run homers.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Our narrative is being dashed to bits.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos in a little trouble in the 3rd. He allowed back to back singles to start the inning, including one to the pitcher. He did get the K of Reynolds to set up a shot to get out of it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years