2021 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Sun, April 18 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 15 thread – Sun, April 18 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:05 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (0-1, 3.00) vs. RHP Aaron Nola (0-1, 3.45)
    BSM // KMOX

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad our hitters feasted yesterday because now we are back around to the top of the Phillies rotation. Their 200 innings a year Ace. What a difference a day makes. We need Gant to go toe to toe and our batters to leave the pool noodles in the bus.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Curious to see what the lineup will be tomorrow. Any chance Carpenter starts against Nola? Still say Carlson should be in the 2-hole followed by Arenado and Goldschmidt.

My Sunday afternoon din-din will commence about first pitch time. It will consist of a couple of center cut rib chops in the air fryer, some green beans, some sliced potatoes cooked in brown gravy, a chocolate shake, a piece of banana cream pie, and a MinuteMaid Lemonade.

Then me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tuning in, along with a big cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. I hope this post goes through…..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No ice cream sandwich to go with that chocolate shake and Amish restaurant banana cream pie, Rats?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Just win! I don’t care if it’s 1-0

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Anyone giving odds on what date Carpenter’s BA will go over.100?

For me Sunday din-din will be oven fried chicken (thighs dipped in egg, rolled in crushed cornflakes with grated comté cheese and herbes de Provence), baked potatoes, and carrots cooked with butter and onions, all washed down with a very nice Haut-Medoc, followed by chocolate/raspberry cake and a cup of coffee just before first pitch.

Yesterday’s game was fun to watch for the most part. Too bad KK’s first start was so brief. Let’s hope Gant has a good day.

Rah Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wished you lived here in the continental OUSA(Once United States of America) , Cardinal In France. As I’d be inviting myself over for Din-Din on a regular basis.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have grandkids today so its fish sticks in the toaster oven, mac-n-cheese and Grape Nehi. The dessert is Klondike bars. I also got a new package of motors for my Rascal toy rocket so we can shoot it off in the school yard behind the house. It comes down with a parachute so you need a calm day and no trees. The boys bring their gloves and will try to catch it. I tell them to first run to the spot where it will come down and then look up for it. My wife thinks it will put someone’s eye out.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman 9
    Goldschmidt 3
    Arenado 5
    Molina 2
    Carpenter 4
    DeJong 6
    Carlson 8
    Williams 7
    Gant 1

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Williams line the last week or so must be fairly nice to get him above .200 after that horrible start. Hoping he is over the jitters. If he put it all together he could be Heyward lite with the funky swing but without elite defence.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Batting the experienced Molina and Carp 4 and 5 makes sense against Nola. He could chew up AA and AAAA guys.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Williams line the last week or so must be fairly nice to get him above .200 after that horrible start. Hoping he is over the jitters. If he put it all together he could be Heyward lite with the funky swing but without elite defence.

OPS the last week:

Yadi 1.183
    Williams 1.036
    Carlson 1.000
    Arenado .865
    Dean .837
    Edman .753
    Dejong .722
    Goldy .551
    Thomas .522
    Carp .510

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Feasting on the bottom of their rotation did wonders.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

By nature, every team is going to “feast on the bottom of the rotation” of other teams many times each year. Did you say the same thing when the Cards offense pummeled Luis Castillo and Stephen Strasburg?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just win! I don’t care if it’s 1-0

I guess you didn’t get the memo that offense is the only thing that matters.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Damn I like that kid Edman.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Anybody ever been to a little league game and see a dominant pitcher go through a line up! You can tell the pitcher can do anything he wants and the hitters have no shot! That is what Carpenter and Dejong looked like just now! No hope! Dejong three straight fastballs totally in the box and he can’t even foul one off!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy not looking very good. Hopefully this is just a slow start and he can turn it around.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nola is filling the strike zone and making our guys swing at bad pitches. Gonna be a long day he gets tired and makes a few mistakes.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant 50 pitches after 3. Nola 51 after 4.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

2 Ks and an E so far for Carp today. Never took the wood off his shoulder.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant is wearing out. He gives up the 2 strike single to Segura, then walks Moniak, and now struggling to put away the pitcher.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its time to quit babying our starters, and let them go deeer into games. And Id say something about Carp, but that horse is already dead.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The offense doing their Jekyll and Hyde routine. At least it is only a 1 run game.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Miller warning up in the bullpen? Are we sure we want to concede this early in a 1 to 0 game?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years