2021 Cardinals MLB Game 149 thread – Monday, Sept 20 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 149 thread – Monday, Sept 20 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

He couldn’t repeat it, just walked a guy. Can’t do that to lead off inning. Maybe that’s why managers always change pitchers cause for some reason going in the dugout just relaxes them.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yadi another rbi. Carlson with a great bunt. So glad to see the bunt still being used. Don’t think the DH will kill it. It really is a good tool for those that can do it!

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Seems we’re in a good spot….. but I would love some State Farm runs in the top of the 9th!!!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Great job by McFarland again.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

McFarland in for Whitley was pure genius. Immediate double play to erase the Whitley BB. Shildt has become a better manager the last couple weeks. 😉

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea Wooster I wish some of our speedsters like edman and bader would work on drag bunting. Just the threat of it can create chaos.

wesor1
    Participant

Free

I haven’t been able to watch the games. Has Yadi seriously had 2 infield singles in less than a week? Has he ever had 2 infield singles in a decade?!?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt finally figuring out who he can and can’t depend on out of the bullpen has done wonders for my blood pressure.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That dp off the shift by Arrenado was great-bypassed the toss less chance of a dropped toss

1982 willie
    Participant

Not a good bunt. I didn’t really agree with bunt there. This pitcher doesn’t really look like he has unhittable stuff.

1982 willie
    Participant

I think goldy matches up well with this pitcher.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

OK…. NO WALKS NINTH!!!!!!! Let’s get this done!!!!!!!

Nice…. 1 down!!!!!!

Another NICE….. 2 DOWN!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! 3 DOWN!!!!!!!

9 IN A ROW!!!!!

COME ON PIRATES!!!! We need you to come back on the Reds!!!!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great to see some different pitchers here in the late innings. One more to go. Don’t need a burner to win

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Garcia with a boring 8-pitch 9th to get the save. Just what the Cards needed.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

1982 willie
    Participant

Good win. Yadi was a good choice for game mvp but I would have given it to Lester.

1982 willie
    Participant

This bullpen by committee is great. Just think if we had did this a little sooner.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Phillies lost to the Orioles tonight and the Reds are clinging to a one run lead over the Pirates. Could be a big night.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just for good measure, this win mathematically eliminates the cubs from postseason.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great game by us. Congrats team , Lesters 200th win and teams hitting on all cylinders. Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Hard to believe weve only had four guys win their 200th game in a cardinal uniform and two of those aren’t really known as Cardinals, Finley and Lester.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

This is so damn much fun. Starting to think there’s a possibility that Lester might come back? I would love that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo could very easily have fetched us Arietta instead of Lester or Happ. Nearly all of the right buttons have been pushed to turn this once near braindead ball club into the vibrant entity that it is today. It’s truly a remarkable transformation.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

he has to come set. Runners or not. A quick pitch to decieve the batter is also a violation and called a ball

Unless your name is Johnny ‘cleats’ Cueto. He quick pitches and balks at will without consequences.

I turned in early so its a nice box score to wake up to. Nice to see the team man up at crunch time. Run the table.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Pugs! I did not like the Cardinal’s chances a few weeks ago. The Front Office did a great job picking up pitchers that could step in and help this club … and they have. Hope they can keep the ball rolling!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.