2021 Cardinals MLB Game 142 thread – Wednesday, September 15 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 142 thread – Wednesday, September 15 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldschmidt would have caught that ground ball by Lester. I’m not rubbing it in on the Mets. Just feeling good about Goldy.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well not adding on there wasn’t good, it’s happened too often this year. Goldy and oneil have got to do better than a ball to short and a pop up on infield.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lester has no idea about base running. That was almost comical. You’d thing he would’ve picked up a few clues along the way before he became a professional pitcher. Cost himself a run.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lester bats in the 6th so he’ll stay in. He was called out on strikes with a full count. I think he was actually happy about that so he didn’t have to run the bases again.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t really agree with Lester going back out there for the 6th but hopefully it works out. But you can tell he’s kind of laboring, but he got Alonzo here.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well charge that run on schildt.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A pretty good 6 IP from Lester, 2 earned runs and Cards up 6-3. I imagine the pen takes over from here.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy gets one back on a solo shot. Score 7-3 top of the 7th.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I believe it was the all-knowing Pugs that called out that Goldy dinger!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Arenado matches Goldy. Score 8-3.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yowza – Nado Tornado raps a dinger too!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Andrew Miller takes over in the 7th and promptly gives up a triple. I wonder how short the leash will be?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Time for Miller to earn that money…

Wooster
    Participant

Free

2 straight hits not a good sign.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bringing miller in the game is always asking for trouble. No lead is safe with him on mound. Anybody is as good as muller. Even guys off the street.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey he’s bringing in the guy who should have been the pitcher to start the inning, just now he’s set up in a bad situation.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Miller matches his bad pitching with bad fielding. First three batters get hits and he’s gone. There’s really no role where Miller can be trusted to help this team. Don’t you have to let him go now that the playoffs are a realistic possibility?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not good work by Miller there. I’m pretty sure he was not the guy to bring into a close game that you want to try to win. He’s been ok for us but hardly worth the huge deal he got.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Whew glad thats over with Schildt with the quick hook. Can’t risk these games now, gotta think about the whole team

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Disappointing appearance by Miller. The bull pen really needed an inning out of him.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nooooooooooooot!!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nootbaar with grand larceny in RF to save 3 runs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nooty showing he belongs out there!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gotta credit the 4D chess master with the double switch of the year to get Noot in RF.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great play by nootbar.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years