2021 Cardinals MLB Game 142 thread – Wednesday, September 15 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 142 thread – Wednesday, September 15 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    LHP Jon Lester (5-6, 4.75) vs. RHP Tylor Megill (3-4, 4.06)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wake up this morning and we are in 1st place for the 2nd wild card chase. Not going to be easy to stay there with the Reds weak schedule. However, both the Reds and Padres are reeling so maybe we can build up a few games in front of them.

Din-din today is the weekly trip to the amish restaurant, the Gasthof. I am still feeling the lingering effects of the bout with Vertigo so I hope I am able to make it there and back. Fried chicken, meatloaf, fish, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, dressing, noodles, apple and cherry stuff, chocolate ice cream…..yummy!

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That sounds really good Rats. Went to one of those places one time and I ate so much I could barely walk back to my car. Was looking at Cincys and Padres schedule and they both don’t have a easy road left to me. Despite what the sportswriters say I think that we’ve got a pretty good chance at it if we keep playing well. Never know with baseball. Great game last night huh? Don’t know what dinners going to be yet. Maybe spaghetti and garlic bread!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Ah, the key words in your hopeful post Wooster – “if we keep playing well.” That’s been our problem all season hasn’t it? Lack of consistency. Well, I’m ready to jump on the positive train and hope my mental health will be able to survive any derailment. Rah Cardinals.

Just finished a quasi-healthy din-din of last-of-the-season cantaloupe, flounder simmered in butter, brown rice and snap beans. Once again skipped dessert, thinking of yesterday’s 182-pound weigh-in.

C’mon Lester, don’t fail us now!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

That’s a hearty meal, Rat. Enjoy it. You’ll be firmly anchored to the ground, so vertigo should be no problem. I need to find a Popeyes to try those cinnamon apple pies that are so delicious that Pugs eats three per meal.

Mo is on the Cards’ side now, winning 6 of the last 7. Maybe they can keep going for 18 more games.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wooster wrote……

Was looking at Cincys and Padres schedule and they both don’t have a easy road left to me.

Wooster,
    The Reds now have eight games left with the lowly Pirates. And then four games with the lowly Nationals. The schedule favors them. But then again, there’s a reason they play the games. The Padres have the toughest schedule and they are reeling. Who knows, after this coming weekend it might just come down to the Reds or Redbirds.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

FYI,
    I just checked the Doppler Radar. New York appears to be all clear for the next several hours. However, there does appear to be some green stuff headed towards Pittsburgh. The Reds and Pirates might see a delay tonight. Too early to tell at this point.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After a rather cool July, I’ve been on an absolute tear with my prognostications of late. How does correctly selecting 43 out of my last 57 ML games grab you. I’m starting to worry that my bookie is going to put out a contract on my life……or worse yet, stop accepting my wagers. So with this in mind, perk those ears up. This sweep is a done thing. The Mets cannot possibly win this game. In his short stint with us, we’ve seen Jon Lester get pelted….but not tonight. What we get tonight is the 2014 Jon Lester, as he is poised and able to summon his former self for big games such as this. Let’s call this 5-3 Birds, with Goldy finding the cheap seats with bat in hand.

Great call on the Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies, Euro Dandy. Eat just one and I guarantee you that one thing will occur. That being that you will not be able to rest until you get your hands on a second Popeye’s apple cinnamon pie. I now know many people who indulge in Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies….and not one of them eat just one at a time. Some eat two and others like myself gobble up three at a crack. Coming back from a party one evening last year after having a bit too much of the bubbly, I bet the wifey $10 that I could eat 10 of them in 5 minutes. I soon was $10 richer and still could have easily devoured another 10 pies.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just checked again Rats and Padres really got it rough. Playing us the Dodgers, SF a bunch of times. They’re fading now and probably really sorry they missed out on Scherzer. SF snatched him before they could complete the deal.And Atlanta I believe. Cincys got us, the not so bad Pirates, White Sox and Detroit. We both have stints with the Cubs. We’re pretty much masters of our own destiny I’d say from here on out. But to me it looks very doable to me. Been seeing a scrappiness thats been missing the a couple months ago.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They’re fading now and probably really sorry they missed out on Scherzer. SF snatched him before they could complete the deal.

Wooster, the Dodgers snatched Scherzer.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah thats right Dodgers got him but they “got all the money”!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On cue, the Reds and Pirates are in a rain delay at Three Rivers Stadium. Not sure when the 1st pitch will occur in this one.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jon Lester (L) P

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walk, double, double. Good start to the game. Blood is in the water and the Cards need to attack while they can.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A big hit by O’Neill to drive in two. Nice to see him doing well!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson singles in O’Neill. Redbird up 3-0.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader bloops a single to center. Carlson and Sosa score making it 5-0! Great start to the game!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s hope Lester can continue his string of good starts.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

FWIW, the Cardinals drafted Tylor Megill’s brother, Trevor Megill, in the third round of the 2014 draft. He elected not to sign. He got drafted again in 2015 by the Padres and signed with the Padres. He never had much success in the Padres system and wound up playing in a Mexican league. He got claimed off waivers from the Aguilas (Eagles) in Mexico by the Cubs. He’s been bouncing up and down between the Cubs and the Cubs triple a affiliate since. I remember being disappointed that he wouldn’t sign with the Cardinals in 2014.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Trevor can keep on keeping on. I get home from a kids volleyball game and dang, our offense has exploded. Now this should be enough but I’d like to see it he Cardinals keep attacking and having great at bats.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Lester has a good game. Just gave up a homer to Alonzo but he’s a pure homerun hitter so no big deal. I think the Cardinals would be stupid to not try to sign Lester to a one year deal at least going forward. I don’t like that he’s a former cub cause that just taints everything but he’s a solid veteran and reliable. I also think it’s a good fit for Lester and as long as the cards don’t try to be stupidly cheap I think Lester would be silly not to sign.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The fact that Dejong hasn’t got a start in new York with his numbers is telling. Also why the hell is oneil not trying to run in and catch these balls. He did this last night now two times tonight and finally the Cardinals pay for it. It’s a lot easier for an outfielder coming ng in than it is for an infielder going out. The fact arenado was even close to that ball just now was incredible. Schildt needs to straighten oneil out. It’s stuff like that that can lose you games down the stretch or in the playoffs. The fact you got Jimmy ballgame saying it, these guys need to listen.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa boots an easy play. Can’t have that, let’s a run score. That’s too he only thing about Sosa. He’s got that wong thing where he can make lots of incredible plays but suddenly boots a routine one.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice job bader. We had got kind of stagnant there. Was a pitch he should have hit but our guys get lots of those they don’t always hit that well.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe another big inning here.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years