2021 Cardinals MLB Game 13 thread – Friday, April 16 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 13 thread – Friday, April 16 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at your Out-of-Town scoreboard early this Friday evening we find the Cubs lost at home to Atlanta by the score of 5-2.

And once again I will ask……did Contreras letting the secret out about throwing at Woodruff hurt his standing with the Cubs?

r/Esteemed Rat

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Who knows, he could hit a few home runs and they’d probably forget all about it…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like it’s righty Eflin instead of the lefty Moore tonight.

Edman hits the first pitch up the middle for a single.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Goldy K and an Arenado double play ball makes quick work of the Cards in the first.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1
    Eflin dealing for Philadelphia on this fine Friday evening in the City of Brotherly Love.

Edman – First pitch swinging and Tommy Boy grounds it right back up the middle and out into center for a leadoff base hit.

Goldy – Strikes out swinging.

Arenado – Hits it sharply on the ground, but right at Bohm at 3rd and he’ll fling it on over to Segura at 2nd for one and the throw over to Hopkins at 1st will get the not so fleet footed Cardinal 3rd baseman by a country mile to retire the side.

Cards 0
    Phil’s 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who knows, he could hit a few home runs and they’d probably forget all about it…

True words were never spoken.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure how that Harper ball stayed in the park, but I’ll take it. Stays 0-0 after 1.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow when that ball left Harper’s bat I thought we were going to be down a quick run here….nice catch Carly.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any predictions as to whether The Bambino makes his debut tonight?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong with some luck as the 3B boots one. Maybe that will get him going a little bit. On second thought, they ruled it a hit I guess.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2

Yadi – Bounces it to Bohm’s left at 3rd…boy if Bohm would have missed it, Gregorius would have been right there to glove it…and Bohm’s throw to Hoskins will sit Yadi down to leadoff the 1st.

Carp – Skies one deep to left where McCutchen will settle under it just a few feet shy of the track for out #2 here in the Redbird 2nd.

DeJong -. Taps a slow roller down the line at 3rd….Bohm scoots in but cannot find the handle on it….should be an infield hit for Paulie.

Carlson – Hits it in the air to straightaway center where Monoiak will put the leather on it to retire the side.

Cards 0
    Phil’s 0

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, that catch was made by Edman.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ding ding ding! Glad someone was on the ball….well done, Forschster….well done sir! A couple times a game your wiley PBP host enjoys tossing a little test out there to see who’s paying attention. And as usual, Forschster is Johnny on the spot in catching the misinformation.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh no! Is that Thomas out there in center???

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This one could get out of hand very very quickly if we’re not careful….. especially with Carlos pitching.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

It’s the first game I have been able to actually watch, Pugs. I almost didn’t get to see that you said the wrong name.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch….if that’s John Holmes in the batters box, the location of that hbp would have put him on the shelve for a good month.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A comedy of errors out there. Dejong slips, Carp boots one, Carlson completely blows a fly ball, Carlos hits the pitcher, single…4-0. Carlos cannot handle adversity as a starter, but the defense did him zero favors.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

In 2013 I thought Carlos was gonna be the next Pedro! Of all the players we have that achieved below expectations I still consider him number one! A total bust IMO and why we continue to start him I’ll never know! If we are gonna demote Thomas for a terrible game maybe we should cut Martinez after tonight and bring up Oviedo to start! He couldn’t do any worse!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this just might be my shortest PBP night in about 5 years. Anything good on the tele tonight, gang?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This game is over. Carlos is gonna have to take his lumps in this one to save the bullpen somewhat for tomorrow. He may give up 12 runs but we need 80-100 pitches from him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edmonds is calling it like it is regarding Carlos. He’s too talented to be stinking the joint up like this. It’s looking very unlikely that he’s with St Louis after this year and that may be what’s best for both he and the team.

Lee
    Participant

Martinez should get a contract extension..!
    It would go along with management decisions

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As mentioned, this catastrophe is not all Carlos’ fault, but if he can’t get zeroed in, in a contract year, then he’s totally lost it. Right now we get back next to nothing in a trade with him.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did anyone see if they all piled out of one car.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years