2021 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Friday, August 6 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Friday, August 6 vs. Royals

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

I had my eyes closed Bling!

forsch31
    Participant

Free

bling, I went to Tuesday’s game. The rooftop bleachers at Cardinal Nation were basically empty. At least 1/2 the upper deck in the ballpark was empty. I was sitting in right field next to the bullpen. In our row, we had 4 seats and there was a man on the opposite end of the row. I think my daughter looked it up and said the rest of the seats in the row were still available to purchase just before the game started.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess I am a little surprised it is that bleak forsch. I know my son has been watching the dynamic pricing on the all inclusive areas. He said its $60 bucks for this series. He figures if it gets down to $40 he can eat $40 worth of food and see the game for free in the air conditioning.

1982 willie
    Participant

They don’t steal when behind. It’s just bad baseball especially on a team that routinely struggles to score runs. I believe in making things happen when you have the assets to do so. Sure bad things can happen but a lot less bad things happen when you are trying to win as opposed to trying not to lose. Just for this alone, schildt should be gone.

1982 willie
    Participant

Fans have supported this team in years when it wasn’t the best of teams. I think a lot of it has to do with cardinal ownership. Sure losing doesn’t help but I just don’t know if I can remember a cardinal team with this much potential just at times be so bad from a myriad of standpoints. Yea injuries hasn’t helped but it’s a lot more. Even in situations where we are on the cusp of doing something good, we find ways to mess it up.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Cardinal fans will continue to support the team – but the grousing will get louder if they don’t put a good team out there next year.

They need to make some moves but the OF seems to be coming together at least.

1st and 3rd are set as is C.

Need SS, 2B, 4th OF, and 2 more good starting pitchers.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I pretty much agree Z, but I would mention the need for a DH. Also we need to bring in two starters and a couple relievers. Brian just mentioned on another thread Memphis just walked 12 guys in 6 innings of work. Something is bad wrong in our system.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gutsy job by Wainwright.Good game by O`Neill .THe FO and MO must get at least 2 more solid pitchers for next season.No more BS about guys getting healthy etc.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

“Money is floating around this stadium like angel dust. Every person has two drinks some a whole lot more, throw in lots of food merchandise.”

Pretty sure that’s not how the concessions work. I am all but certain the cardinals own and lease the space and the concession stand is actually owned by a different company. Cardinals still would be able to rent the spaces for a pretty penny and with known higher attendance, but it makes much more business sense to take the guaranteed rent money than try to run a restaurant.
    I know that’s how minor some minor league teams were running it, 15 years ago, but still makes sense for teams to do it that way.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The landlord gets a cut of sales.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fourth start in a row Wainwright has gone 7 IP, logging an ERA average of 2.57 and GSc avg of 62.

This is also the second season in a row that Wainwright has been the leader of the rotation.

The Ol’ War Horse just keeps showing up for work. I can’t imagine a 2022 rotation without him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Cards667, lots of that food stuff has cards name and such on it, the cardinals are getting a lot of that money. Plus they are getting money off merchandise. Plus those guys have to pay the Cardinals for that said space, it’s lots of money.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

By taking the money up front in lease money they have guaranteed money for the year no matter what. If attendance plummets, which it hasn’t been great, then they still are getting their rent money. If it was based solely on sales there could be a huge percentage +/-. Operating the restaurants themselves would be a huge, unnecessary cost. The owner is going to want as much predictability in his books as he can get. They may get a small percentage of sales money based on logo and copyright things, but the real money from concessions is paid in advance to lease that property out to whatever food service is the highest bidder for it, and probably over a multi year deal for even more predictability.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.