2021 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Thursday, August 5 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Thursday, August 5 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This whole coaching staff needs to go.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How many times have I said it?

REYES IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!!!

He needs to be sent back to Memphis until he learns to throw strikes – PERIOD!!!

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. And no, this is NOT a knee-jerk reaction. It’s been happening all year long!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Having fun still Willie?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Maddux gotta go. Is not just Reyes. Sick of seeing this shhhhhh////

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At some point you have to realize some of these guys are mentally shot. Maybe try some different guys. I know shildt thought gallegos was going to get job done but he hasn’t been doing that very well lately so you don’t assume. Have someone besides Reyes finish up inning. Have Reyes come in clean. Makes sense don’t it.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

LOL

Wooster
    Participant

Free

If you can’t walk ’em then hit ’em- thats my motto!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Absolutely brutal! Not sure where to start or end with this one.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Tonight the Cards have created a lot of distance between themselves and the team with the second most bases loaded walks.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I have tix for next Friday in KC. May just give em away..

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos has had two very bad nights in a row.

Reyes threw 21 pitches. 4 were strikes.

The Cardinals have given up 26 bases loaded walks this year, by far the most in MLB.

It is hard to know who to trust right now.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I fear this team is entering another “free fall” phase.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Let’s see how Shildt tries to explain his way out of this one. If he says “it just wasn’t our night” or “it just didn’t work out”, he shouldn’t manage another game.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wooooow…………This team is boring and frustrating. Thanks Mo.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These final two months of the season are going to be dismal. Us hardcore fans are going to be the only ones paying attention. I can’t imagine the DeWitt’s and Mo are enjoying these sparse crowds. They are only going to get sparser.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The sad thing is watching these games against the braves is as bad as our pitching has been, our hitting against average pitchers hasn’t really been much better. Just a complete team job of not getting it done.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We wouldn’t be that bad if we only played 7 innings. Maybe we should have more double headers?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The 9th not starting out any better with Miller. Can somebody check what those guys are drinking out in the bull pen?

Pugs, do you know if they have an adult beverage consumption limit similar to the one imposed on posters here at TCN?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This team is better than this.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Did Bling already check out Euro? Paper or plastic?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, that went south in a hurry.

I don’t understand the pitching staff moves.

Don’t we have any young pitchers that could use the experience?

None?

If the season is shot why not go young? Do we really have zero pitchers at the AAA level that could benefit from a no-pressure call up?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad thats over with. Gonna need a different set up scheme for finishing up games. Galleagos isn’t viable for awhile in a close game. Once he bounces one short he loses it. Always seemed too composed to me. Mentally too focused on every pitch.Afraid to make a mistake. Reyes throws hard as he can but doesn’t know for sure where its going. Would rather see someone who throws slower but can control it. That game was in the bag till both these guys pitched. We know its not the first time this has happened this year. End of rant.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have no idea why Shildt turned to Gallegos tonight after his performance the night before. Reyes looked off from the start. Williams was not much better.

I feel like something is off … players not hearing coaches or coaches not hearing players. The team looks flat and out of sync. The pitching staff has struggled with control all season.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Did Bling already check out Euro? Paper or plastic?

IDK Wooster. Between the anchovies last night and the 8th inning tonight, somebody ought to request a police welfare check on bling. As for paper or plastic, he’s probably going with both. This was a twin bag night, not to be confused with a twin bill (as if we could’ve handled that).

Wooster
    Participant

Free

LOL Euro- forgot about the anchovies- hope he missed both nights. Twin bills are only seven innings now. We might of won both games being we can’t do the 8th and 9th innings anymore!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years