2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, Martin & Lewis might be the best call.

Indeed Euro. For us guys over 45, Martin & Lewis was the first thing that would have popped into your head watching those two on that play. If you’re 25…….boy where have all of the modern day comedic duos gone? I can’t think of one.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’ll add that Shemp and Curly deserve a courtesy mention on this one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Soler looks a bit like Sammy Sosa……maybe the umps should conduct a cork check on his bat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha….sweet Shemp & Curly Cue reference, Euro. I used to love it when Mo(not our Mo) would slap those two around. Try that these days and the 3 Stooges would get 3 years in the pokey for each and every slap….. whether it was fake or not.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Soler looks more like Sammy Sosa than Sammy does.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

All it takes is a grand slam.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 runs in the first, 1 after. Good
    starting pitching but bad relief. Just a bad two nights of ball. I’m going to the next two games, hopefully I’ll bring them some luck.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Funny stuff Pugs. I wonder if Mo (our Mo) has ever asked Shildt to pick two fingers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Have you seen what Sammy looks like these days, Euro Dandy? He did a Michael Jackson on his skin and the result is pretty darn frightening.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The check swing/ball call on the 3-2 count loomed large in this game. It could have been a strike. If it would have been ruled a swing the Braves only score one run that inning. Different game.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! Shildt would think it was some new signage to flash the boys and thus fall for Mo’s( our Mo ) ruse every time, Euro

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Maybe Mo should’ve added a reliable bat at the deadline. Why add such outstanding mound talent without considering offense?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Do you know what kind of odds Atlanta has of winning this game tonight? About the same as Harrison Bader has of whacking 4 dingers this evening. For this game you bet the ranch…the cattle….the furnishings….all of your vehicles….you empty out your savings, checking and money market accounts ….you sell off your valuables and whipe out your 401K and all retirement accounts…..you borrow as much as you can from anyone who trusts you…..and you plop it all down on the St. Louis Cardinals and J.A. Happ to win this game tonight. And you never break even the slightest sweat or raise your blood pressure even one notch, as you know you have this in the bag.

Pugs – I have figured out the homeless crisis in the US.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’m going to the next two games, hopefully I’ll bring them some luck.

Okay willie, you will be held accountable.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny stuff, LACard! I was hoping that post would have been forgotten. Thank God I just missed my bookies time deadline by mere seconds. That’s one shutout you don’t mind being on the receiving end of.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Have you seen what Sammy looks like these days, Euro Dandy?

Yep, my comment was based on that. Double take stuff.

David
    Participant

Free

If your offense is struggling, hit against the St.Louis Cardinals pitching staff. If you need to lower your ERA, pitch against the St.Louis Cardinals offense..if you’re struggling to find a job as an MLB pitcher and you’re over 35, Mike Shildt just may have the opportunity you’re looking for.

When Carlson and Bader collided, the only thing missing was the Benny Hill theme. The announcers said that summed up the inning. I’d like to go a step further and say… that summed up the season. This team is a Joke. The management is a joke, the coaches are a joke.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gonna send us live observations from the ball park Willie?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, I think David trumped both of us with the Benny Hill theme reference. Good call.

Sorry, you either have to laugh or punch a wall sometimes. Laughing is better on the knuckles and blood pressure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

David sure did, Euro. Or punch a running fan(not the human kind) like John Tudor did in Game 7 in KC, Euro.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s simple now. We need 8 wins in the next 10 games just to have a miniscule chance at October play.

David
    Participant

Free

Thank you Pugs and Euro. I’m nearing 50 but I still remember as a child visiting my grandparents in the summer and watching The Benny Hill show on PBS.. back when you had 4-5 channels to choose from but there always seemed to be something on that was entertaining, back when Comedy meant funny.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well……Bader, O’Neil, and Carlson look ‘ok’ in the OF.

Wong sure would look good at 2b for this team.

I think this season is probably shot but I’m starting to believe in 2022.

I guess next season will all come down to injuries.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

David, back in the 80s, my college roommate wouldn’t miss Benny Hill. A lot of cheap laughs.

Pugs, I try to forget the 85 series. I wonder if Tudor and Denkinger still exchange Christmas cards?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Glad to hear you escaped a devastating loss by the skin of your chinny-chin-chin last night Pugs. Would have hated to see you spend your retirement in the bleacher seats. Perhaps LeBlanx can save our bacon tonight.
    Hmmm. Bacon. That’s an idea for din-din.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years