2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looks like we got the better part of the Happ signing Pugs. Bling thats why I don’t put fishes on my pizza. Tuna and shrimps are pretty safe I guess but not on pizza. If it made you sick best thing is to get it out. Hug the ole porcelin throne and then sip some ice water.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So long Soler…..to dead center and just like that the Redbird lead is sliced to just a one run advantage.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Call at first goes our way. They have some good hitters. We’re gonna need more runs for this one.

bccran
    Participant

Soler was acquired for an A level pitcher. Where were you, Mo?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I would find it hard to believe that DeWitt wanted the outfield improved but his underlings refused to comply. Focus on the dog, not his tail…

P.S. I did not see if the Royals picked up any of Soler’s salary, but if not, the Braves added about $3 million in the trade. Based on Mo’s post-deadline comments, the organization was focused on adding pitching.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Braves reliever has more hair than Weird Al Yankovick

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very very sound advice to Bling, Wooster. Bling will be a new man by high noon tomorrow…..or maybe Friday.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Pugs but hes really good. He breezed right through us. Hope hes not back next inning. May need to take longer ABs and make him work harder.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well our offense has died late, we couldn’t even hit that last guy who basically just threw pitches right down the middle to Carlson and goldy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Grades after first game in Cards uni:

Lester – D+

Happ – B+

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Darn Duvall! Yanks a Helsley heater out of the yard with a mate aboard and Atlanta seizes the lead.

bccran
    Participant

Brian – When you rank 26th in MLB in runs scored, it might be a good idea to pick up a hitter or two also at the deadline. They were obviously available.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hitters, we just gave up two more runs. We need pitchers who can get outs. The braves are a subpar team so apparently other teams get them out.

bccran
    Participant

You need both, willie. And we’re about a quart low in both.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Helsley loaded him up to 3-1. That hr he hit was on the edge of the strike zone and high. Those pitches were all fastball except for one cutter. Think ge needs a change up too
    Duvall is a really good hitter.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader on base again…..

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong K

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet! Cabby on to show his stuff. He’s going to be a great reliever in this game.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I liked it better when Bader hit higher in the order. DeJong and the pitcher don’t provide enough balls in play to utilize Baders speed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby promptly sets them down in a little chorus line 1-2-3. I for the life of me don’t know how anyone gets a hit off Cabby. Time to flash a little offense and get out of here with the “W”.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Happy did fine tonight. I especially liked his changeup.

Wondering how he will do when forced to pitch in a tighter zone.

If it didn’t bounce or go over your head it was a strike tonight. Huge zone.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Need to steal to stop dp here

Wooster
    Participant

Free

SEND HIM!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Run + hit- make something happen!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A single(Carp) and a hit batsman(Edman) has the Birds chirping here in the 7th with no outs registered as of yet.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years