2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 107 thread – Wednesday August 4 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    LHP J.A. Happ (5-6, 6.77) vs. LHP Drew Smyly (7-3, 4.40)
    BSM // ESPN // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, let’s hope Happ’s first appearance goes better than Lester’s did last night. It couldn’t be a repeat of last night. Could it?

Din-din today is the weekly trip to the Amish restaurant, the Gasthof. Fried chicken, fish, meatloaf, green beans, noodles, dressing, mashed potatoes/gravy, apple stuff, cherry cobbler, ice cream, and sweet tea. Yum yum..:)

r/Esteemed Rat

bccran
    Participant

Let’s beat up on Smyly and support our pitchers with some runs.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

There’s always hope. There’s always hope. There’s always hope. Reality says these guys will not be able to limp into the playoffs, no matter how many retreads we acquire, but I’m sure they will still be able to entertain us with a few wins and the occasional outburst of offense. Rah Cardinals.

Din-din tonight: Cantaloupe starter, followed by spinach and Boursin quiche, and salad. Finishing off with apple crisp. Iced tea will be the beverage of choice.

bccran
    Participant

I’m skipping din-din tonight in order to concentrate on enjoying the Cardinals beating the Braves and heading toward another series win.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    9. J.A. Happ (L) P

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

FWIW, which is not much, my lineup would be:

Carlson
    Bader
    Arenado
    Goldschmidt
    O’Neill
    Sosa
    Molina
    Edman
    Happ

Hope Happ does not earn a nickname of Happ-less starting tonight. Lester made a step towards being called “Less-sir” with last night’s fiasco. Maybe he still thinks he is a Cub.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Do you know what kind of odds Atlanta has of winning this game tonight? About the same as Harrison Bader has of whacking 4 dingers this evening. For this game you bet the ranch…the cattle….the furnishings….all of your vehicles….you empty out your savings, checking and money market accounts ….you sell off your valuables and whipe out your 401K and all retirement accounts…..you borrow as much as you can from anyone who trusts you…..and you plop it all down on the St. Louis Cardinals and J.A. Happ to win this game tonight. And you never break even the slightest sweat or raise your blood pressure even one notch, as you know you have this in the bag.

Think Happ…y, not Happ…less, BicycleMike. Looks like Cardinal In France’s Grand-kids have finally hit the dusty trail back to these once United States, judging from his din-din selection today. Don’t think for a second that Cranny is going din-din-less tonight. Most likely a din-din fit for a king…..cold water lobster and a primo ribeye is my guess. Din-din for me was fresh red snapper, asparagus spears, baby red potatoes, Mountain Dew and a heaping bowl of Breyers mint chocolate chip ice cream with a couple of big splashes of whole white milk mingled in for tremendous texture and taste .

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

din-din is leftover anchovy pizza and leftover chili. Plus corn on the cob. Klondike bar for desert.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

If nothing else, Happ makes a stylish exit from the diamond. It’s a nice little skip/hop (almost sidesaddle) across the 1B line going to the dugout. Veteran swag.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Smyly narrowly avoids decapitation courtesy of Carlson. Smyley has to keep his eye on the ball all the way into the glove if he expects to make that catch. Goldy follows with a single. Maybe some 1st inning damage coming.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy locked in vs Smyly. Let’s hope Happ is still swagging around come the 6th inning, Euro

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, damage just happened. Arenado with a 3-run shot.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boom!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bombs away Aro…..
    3-0 Birds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In a game such as this, Duvall scares me. We most likely won’t be able to shut him down, but hopefully we’ll keep him somewhat in check. He bats second this inning …shut him down, J.A.!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even though you can’t walk him in this situation, I don’t think Happ wanted anything to do with Duvall, as he walks him on 4 straight. Braves manning both 1st & 2nd bases with nary an out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leave it up to the crafty veteran, J.A. Happ, to weasel his way out of the 2nd inning pickle. No harm no foul, J.A.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ahhh-relief. Plop plop fizz-fizz. Happ looking very good so far. Goldy base hit right off and dinger by Nadotornado. Off to a good start!
    Din-din was party pack Tacos from Taco Bell. 12 tacos for $14 ! Not as good as home made but it’ll do. Sounds like CIF’s going all vegie tonight!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman just can’t wait to swing that bat. Bless his heart, he’s a hacker!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leftover anchovy pizza maybe not a great idea. I’ll check the box score tomorrow. Happ-y trails.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Trying to think of the right one word to describe James Anthony Happ’s performance thus far…….”crisp”…….I think that works

Have a couple more pieces of pizza Bling. Seriously, it’ll counteract the earlier anchovy laced pizza……it just has to be between 2-3 hours from your first helping.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader on 1B is in scoring position…

bccran
    Participant

So far so good with Happ. Hope he doesn’t stop for din-din in the 5th by getting into a pickle.

And what dues Bader have for din-din tonight? The same he has all the time – ham.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish the would give the steal sign to bader especially with a pitcher just from American league trying to bunt and with edman hitting also. Just wasting speed waiting on somebody to do something instead of making things happen.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years