2021 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Tuesday, July 27 at Indians

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Tuesday, July 27 at Indians

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I don’t think anyone would have picked Bader as our best hitter for any month.

Last August, he had a .925 OPS, but then was benched for two weeks.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yah, the Carp 2 out single did extend the inning to DeJongs HR, but Bader stole the show. What a game!

1982 willie
    Participant

I think whoever worked with bader during off season did a great job. If it was the hitting coach, then good for him. He just lays off so many pitches he used to not unless there is a bad umpire. I think his stance is part of it but obviously he’s picked up some pitch recognition skills. I always felt with a little work he could do well enough to hold his position but he’s exceeded it at this point. It’s a small size and more than likely he will regress some but I think he’s turned the corner. Of course the Cardinals will probably let him go cause he may get a pay raise if he keeps this up.

David
    Participant

Free

Here’s the lineup I’d like to see

Edman
    Bader
    Goldschmidt
    Arenado
    O’Neill
    Molina
    DeJong
    Carlson.

I know Edman has struggled by I still like him at leadoff over Carlson. I think he set it up better for the big bats.

Rotation
    Flaherty
    Scherzer
    Waino
    Micholas
    Kim

1982 willie
    Participant

I’m not ready to move bader up there yet, I think it’s bad juju. Next year maybe. It doesn’t hurt to have a good hitter at the bottom. What needs to happen is our big money guys getting going at same time.

David
    Participant

Free

I totally forgot about the juju. If DeJong can find a spark, that would give us a nice 1-2 punch in the 7-8 hole.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Only 87 pitches to get thru 7 IP, wow.

I would leave Bader and Edman where they are in the lineup. Its working for them.

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years