2021 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Tuesday, July 27 at Indians

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 101 thread – Tuesday, July 27 at Indians

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (7-6, 3.56) vs. RHP Cal Quantrill (2-2, 3.84)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We might get some help this week. The Reds are in Chicago to face the Cubs for four games. These might be the last games the Cubs have all of their players before one or more are traded. Maybe they can pound on the Reds for us and win three of four.

On the other hand, Milwaukee is in Pittsburgh for three minus Adam Frazier for the Pirates. But then they have to go to Atlanta for a three game set. Atlanta, however, isnt quite the same team minus Ozuna and Acuna and their record reflects that.

So, we have two at Cleveland and then three at home with Minnesota. It’s time we started to make some hay and win some games. And keep our fingers crossed the Brewers have another little stretch where they lose a few in a row while we win a few in a row at the same time.

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

If the Cardinals have a run in them this season right about now would be a good time to hit the jets.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We got a break last night – at least I think we did – when the Cubs rallied from a 5-3 deficit to down the Reds 6-5. In Cardinal fashion the Reds issued two walks and a HBP in the last of the 9th with the score tied 5-5. Amir Garrett came on and Javy Baez was summoned out of the Cub dugout. Those two have a past history and they were jawing at each other before Baez got in the batters box. Anyway, Baez hits a long flyball to rightcenter and that’s the ballgame. Even after the winning run scored they were looking at each other and yelling.

And Houston had a 7-0 lead at Seattle last night. They lost 11-8 when the Mariners player hit a grand slam in the last of the 8th.

It’s baseball. It happens. It’s happened to us a great deal this year. It needs to stop. We need to get on a roll. The Cub announcers last night mentioned that the Cardinals felt they still had a shot at catching Milwaukee. Better get started now because things like 2011 dont happen very often.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thoughts on the Oviedo demotion?

I see there are some off days coming up.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Oviedo, Reyes, Helsley, Gant, they all should be sent down to the minors and told to learn to throw the ball over the plate. And until they do they better get used to Memphis.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Another blow for the Brewers – somewhat. Yelich has tested positive and has now been placed on the COVID IL. Not sure how long that will be but this could now be a tough week for Milwaukee.

I believe the article did say that Cain is now eligible to come off the IL.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If not for a couple entanglements this week here in America’s Dairyland, I most definitely would have went to Ohio to see our Birds in this series. Cleveland in July is better than Paris in May, Havana in August, Juneau in June and even Savannah, Georgia in September. I like our Birds to pelt these Guardians tonight by the score of 8-4, with Dylan Carlson taking a liking to his Cuyahoga County surroundings to the tune of 3 hits……one of them of the 4 base variety ilk.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well dont forget Cabrera while you are demoting the pen Rats, his BB% is higher than Helsley or Oviedo.

I’m sure our opposition would appreciate your roster decisions. You may encounter some blowback trying to demote out of options Gant.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Matt Carpenter (L) DH
    9. Paul DeJong (R) SS

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our DH is hitting .188

David
    Participant

Free

Couple hard outs to DC.. Waino looked sharp in a 1-2-3 first. It’d be nice to see O’Neill get going.

David
    Participant

Free

I’m calling it now. Carp will go deep at some point in this game.

David
    Participant

Free

Nice to see Yadi back.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 of out first 6 batters struck out. I hope its not one of those games.

David
    Participant

Free

Blingboy. I’m hoping 2nd time through… will produce results. Meanwhile Waino looking sharp through the first 5 batters with 2 ks

David
    Participant

Free

No baserunners through 2 for either side.

David
    Participant

Free

Let’s see if Bader can get a hold of one

David
    Participant

Free

Nice job Bader. He’s been coming up big especially in the early innings lately

David
    Participant

Free

All to familiar, Carp strikes out on one to close to take my then argued with the HP umpire.

David
    Participant

Free

Waino has a lead to work with. Liked to see a quick 1-2-3 inning under 15 pitches.

David
    Participant

Free

Good pitch… tip your cap to the batter.

David
    Participant

Free

Nice Play by Edman to get the one. .

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I have no problem seeing Oviedo going down to sharpen up. He was brought in early out of desperation when everybody went down. He could be much better next year. Been seeing some scattered stuff about us picking up some new pitchers and we may see some new faces soon. Somebody prohected Flaherty and/or Mikolas may? be back in August? Don’t really know myself but I expect to see us in better shape next year.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years