2021 Bullpen

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Bullpen

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not as optimistic as the VEB article either. I was just sharing it for a different perspective. Our entire bullpen is a meltdown waiting to happen because of the excessive walks, and I do mean excessive. Sometimes Cabrera, Gallegos, and Reyes can overcome it but there are zero guarantees out there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Assuming all is well it will be fun to see him coming out of the pen at Busch.

14NyquisT
    Participant

First McGreevy and now Hudson for Palm Beach. Too bad the beachbirds are 31-66 and probably demoralized. 499 at yesterday’s game.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Minor league baseball is a tough sell. They probably should not even keep up with team wins/losses and standings because they are not worried about winning games they are developing players and pushing them up through the system.

bccran
    Participant

Minor league teams are important in communities where they’re located. Moms and dads take their kids to games and see players up close and personal who might be major leaguers some day. I’ve seen a number of games at Peoria, and it’s great to see how the town supports the Chiefs!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

499 at yesterday’s game.

That game was vs. the Marlins squad so the 499 was total fans for both teams as both were in their home park.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

cranny I have always liked going to games in Peoria too. Used to take my kids there and Davenport when our team was there.

bccran
    Participant

Have also been to see the Redbirds play in Memphis. Beautiful stadium. One of the best in all the minors. Right downtown.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t been to but a small handful of games in Memphis. We usually stay at the Peabody and get a room overlooking the park and watch the ducks in the lobby. It’s walking distance to Beale Street and the Rendezvous restaurant. Used to go to Hammons in Springfield until I got screwed over on parking charging MLB close lot prices for a lumpy mudhole 6 blocks away.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I see McFarland and GArcia being brought back next year. I agree with Brian that next year they should sign a number of reclamation guys. The shotgun approach should help middle relief.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve been to Springfield, Peoria and Memphis for minor league games, and very much think all 3 are fine ballparks.

bccran
    Participant

I don’t see many bullpen guys at Memphis or Springfield that could help. Perhaps Santos at Springfield. Maybe starters in waiting like Oviedo, Rondon, Libby, Woodford can help in the major league pen.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kodi Whitley has quietly been good since coming back up. 6 innings and zero runs allowed. Shildt should go with the hot hand.

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years