2021 Arizona Fall League

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Arizona Fall League

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The pattern certainly holds…without a lineup full of Cardinal hitters and hurlers, the Desert Dogs are stuck in sinking sand. If the Fall Stars manager wants to win today, they’ll pencil a bunch of our prospects in; it’s as simple as that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our unheralded Desert Dog skipper, Jair Fernandez, has been pivotal in our Dogs’ success, thus enhancing his resume, that undoubtedly will find it’s way into Mo’s mitts. I wouldn’t be shocked if the 34 year old Jair ended up being in our employ within the next year. Go Rafters and Go Dogs!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I predict greatness from the Nootster in the AFL stars game.

I’m warming up to Donovan in an IF/OF UT role sometime in 2022. And a lefty bat who hit righties for good BA and OBP. Needs more reps in AAA, which raises a question: Would a CBA related lockout affect MiLB activities?

bccran
    Participant

Good question, BB. What about our minor leaguers at Spring Training? Would they be locked out too? Or report and play games against other minor league teams as normal. Trying to make plans for my annual trip down to Jupiter in March.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

MLB work stoppage does not affect minor leaguers except those on the 40 man, according to Baseball America

bccran
    Participant

Thanks, LA.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m warming up to Donovan in an IF/OF UT role sometime in 2022. And a lefty bat who hit righties for good BA and OBP.

Bling, Donovan is going to be the next Tommy Edman.

Apologies in advance to Game Card.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BA’s supposition was based only on what happened in prior work stoppages, the last of which was over a quarter century ago. At that time, MiLB was not under the direct control of MLB as today, so I am still watching this closely. No current news yet, but as BA said, if the past model is followed, the minors will play either way.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bling, Donovan is going to be the next Tommy Edman.

Exactly. An IF/OF UT who can play all over including 2B if if the regular guy gets offed for being too expensive, and take the leadoff slot in the order if we don’t have a legit leadoff guy with a nice OBP.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Just some quick thoughts –

Nootbaar is a nice #4 outfielder to have. Decent LH bat off the bench and competent spot starter.

Yepez is a brute. What a delight to finally see him hit.
    Really excited to see what he can do for the Cardinals.

Donovan has some nice plate discipline and a smooth level swing. Probably going to be a valuable #5/6 infielder. Maybe even make the starting lineup someday as a leadoff man.

Thompson was disappointing. He has margin stuff for a major league starter and has obvious control issues. He’s going to need a lot more grooming at AAA.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Anyone getting excited about Pallante? He pitched the first 4 innings today and gave up one hit. His ERA is at 1.29 now in the AFL. Strong candidate for the 2022 bullpen?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

IMO, a strong candidate to gain Triple-A starting experience and compete with Liberatore, Thompson, Woodford, Oviedo and Rondon. Future roles are TBD. In our last monthly prospect list update, Pallante moved up to no. 12.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The pattern holds…more Redbirds playing, a greater chance of a W. Teams are lucky that Gorman has been out or the standings would already be a runaway.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t really know how big of an indicator the AFL is to future success but I would imagine the Cardinal brass has to be very pleased with the performance of the young Birds out in Arizona.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe best left for another thread, but I’ve been pretty high on Neil (Neil Andre Pallante) since the middle of last season. I won’t let the cat out of the bag just yet, but let’s just say he’s nestled in the teens as far as my Top 50 prospects go. He’s got to slice that WHIP of his a bit though.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are not alone Pugs. Pallante was no. 12 in our September rankings here and will stay in that vicinity in the 2022 rankings to start very soon. You also pegged his focus area.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.