2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s not a surprise that a corporate entity, MLB, would do what seems to be the best financial thing for their product. They knew that the decision would bring publicity and of course, all publicity is good publicity.

A real principled stand would have been to cancel the All Star game entirely, eschewing their millions of dollars in the process, and donating time and money to voter registration drives, community groups in the greater Atlanta area and other needy organizations. But we all know that the bottom line always comes before the morality of whatever issue is involved.

That said, it’s still their right, just as people have a right to be upset and pass on using their product as well.

Participant

Free

Cancel the entire All Star game because of a voter law change in one state? Now that’s extreme. Really extreme. Read the law, 25. It’s less restrictive than Delaware for example. As well as other states. It was a knee jerk reaction to some activists claims. Really a shame.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The law should be called Find Trump his 11,000 votes law.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

A knee jerk reaction like suddenly hundreds of bills to change voting rules when there has been no provable fraud aside from a couple single incidents? Would these have been passed had Mr Trump won?

Participant

Paid - Annual

The issue far as this thread goes isn’t the laws. The issue is baseball trying to influence laws which have nothing to do with them. They should have just left things alone.

Participant

Free

I have very strong opinions on this subject but all I will say is that MLB should stay out of politics. Save their stand for things like what Jackie Robinson stood for. Baseball is entertainment not politics.

They should have kept the game in Atlanta and celebrated Hank Aaron’s life and accomplishments posthumously.

Participant

Free

willie’s right. The law has nothing to do with baseball. Why does everything have to be politicized?

Participant

Free

Triple, I was hoping someone would catch the moon reference with my avatar lol.

I still remember your tag line that always appeared on your posts. It always made me laugh, and still does.

I don’t care how any of you guys feel with politics. I didn’t come on here protesting. I was just making light of the situation. I’m not protesting anything. I will still have the MLB package on Direct TV and watch darn near 162 Cardinals games on it.

What I think MLB should do doesn’t amount to anything. I can barely figure out what I should do. But I do find it odd that MLB hasn’t specified any details as to why. They just did it because they can.

Now I do worry about all this stuff harming the bottom line. I want sports to be healthy financially. As financially healthy as they can be. When their bottom line starts hurting, it isn’t the rich folks who get harmed.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Now that is a great idea, Forchie. Keep the game as planned and feature some activities that honor the great Hank Aaron.

But cannot say I am unhappy it is coming to my back yard. When they had the game here years ago, back in the ‘90s, they had a big collectibles show with some great autograph guests, including Gibby and Steve Carlton. Eons Slaughter too, Robin Roberts…many guys who are no longer with us.

Hopefully there will be something similar. I may be between contract jobs then (the current gig is supposed to end in mid-June, but they often get extended). If I am, I will get to some of the hoopla and festivities surrounding the game. Maybe I will even go to the game, who knows.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sheesh, that was ugly. Carlson does not take a full swing at a pitch you could likely drive the other way if you are agressive on it, and Molina runs in to the fielder.

Think I would have Carlton “quiet” his approach a little. A bit too much movement with the leg lift and all. Quite that down, be steady and look to pick out a ball in the zone.

Participant

Free

When I saw they were moving it to Colorado, I thought you might be able to enjoy a few of the festivities.

Participant

Free

10 Ks in the 1st 5 innings, Forsch and 25.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta’ is closed to new replies.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years