2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

Ok, guys. Let’s try to be civil in our discussion.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

To me this seems like a good move. An industry chooses a peaceful way to state an opinion/objection in a way that draws attention to a subject for discussion. They aren’t doing it in a way that can be twisted to say they are being disrespectful to a flag, our veterans, or the country as a whole.

Participant

Free

Just a joke MLB is turning into….god forbid people actually have to PROVE who they are before voting….

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

Maybe if anyone could PROVE there was voter fraud I would agree. All sorts of restrictions are being put up under the guise of security, simply because one side is upset about losing. Put forth better candidates. Don’t try to limit voters.

Participant

Free

People vote for Dead people all the damn time it has been proven many of times…you have to have a license to drive you sure better have an ID to vote to prove who you are!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if there’s any way to have a civil discussion on this topic. Reasonable people understand that on a daily basis you are going to use products and services from people or organizations whose political or moral views differ from theirs. Irrational people decide that the way to remedy the situation is to pummel said products and services until they go out of business not because they make a bad product but because you don’t like their views on something. Said irrational people don’t inhabit one particular party or the other…they’re just the product of a corrupted culture.

In this case, we are talking about an entire state, and a private organization who has every right to choose where they showcase their game. I may or may not agree with their opinion, but it’s their right.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

Very well said, 25.

Participant

Free

Yup but MLB is looking very very political right now and that didn’t work well for the NFL at all and probably not going to work well for the MLB either!!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

It is about being on the right bandwagon. I am sure if you asked the baseball execs which provisions in the new Georgia voting law they object to you would get a blank stare.

Participant

Free

Keep politics out of baseball. It’s where fans of all ages, colors, and beliefs can sit side by side and root for the home team. Total unity and inclusion. Don’t mess it up, MLB.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

Baseball is a great way to teach lessons outside the white lines. Look at the legacy of Jackie Robinson. Should baseball have just stayed out of it and left things how they were?

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Just like a private citizen, MLB can do what they want. Some people will applaud the move, some won’t.

My opinion – they should not have done anything and then most likely no one would have thought much about it. What they are doing is opening up the pandora’s box of having events only in areas that are considered acceptable. For example, do you not play in New York because Cuomo is a dude of questionable character? Where does line get drawn?

But agree or not, they decided to take a stand, which is bold. It’s going to cost the Atlanta area a fair amount of revenue.

Participant

Free

It is not just going to cost ATL a fair amount of revenue, it is going to cost MLB it self a fair amount of revenue!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well it’s typical social pandering. It’s amazing that mlb supports peoples rights to loot and burn buildings and whatever but don’t want to support laws being made by elected people. They don’t mind having a major league team in a corrupt city like chicago where people get killed by violence in large numbers. How about standing up for those people killed, mlb. While I believe in trying to help as many people vote as possible, I don’t think mail in ballots are constitutional, there are better ways. From personal experience, I know those ballots can be fraudulent.

MrperkinsMrperkins
    Participant

Free

They are only bringing up the issue of fraudulent votes now because Mr Trump lost. He has been laying the foundation of claims for over a year before the election. Mail in voting in Georgia was pushed and passed by Republicans because they thought it would help them win bigger. Now that it doesn’t anymore they are trying to change the laws before they get voted out.

Participant

Free

Somebody been paying way to much attention to CNN where they spew nothing but lies and lies!

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I heard there was an owner survey before this disastrous announcement. Anyone know how the Dewitts voted?

Participant

Free

Politics and MLB should be kept separate.
    We’re fans who recreate, not observers of political viewpoints in our sport. It pollutes the industry.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The issue isn’t about whether there were fraudulent votes or whether there is or is not any proof of it. The issue is that there has to be confidence that the result of an election is legitimate. You cannot have that confidence if it is not possible to know if votes cast are legally cast or not. That is what the Georgia voting law is trying to address. I have no opinion if it is a good way to do it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We all here have one common thread….our love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Nuts to the political stuff. Let us please reserve our hate for the cubbies only, gang.

Participant

Free

I despise MLB’s Commissioner’s office. Hopefully, this legislation will pass…https://justthenews.com/government/congress/sc-representative-moves-strip-mlb-antitrust-exemption-after-stance-georgia

Participant

Paid - Annual

True that game card

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

Politicians and parties are so corrupt in this country. But we worry about MLB or NFL?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Why not let pets in Georgia vote? One bark or meow means ‘yes’ and two barks, or meows, means ‘no’. The pet owner can fill out the ballot for the pet and send it in as an absentee ballot.

Participant

Paid - Annual

As a result of this MLB and it’s employees (i.e. the players) won’t be getting any of Game Card’s money, and there are millions like him.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta’ is closed to new replies.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years