2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

But where will they move the draft and game. Sad that Atlanta’s fans won’t be able to take it in.

I also think due to the name of the team that this voter law pushed it over the top. Just needed an excuse to move it.

Minnesota, Chicago, NYC and maybe LA would be the landing spot. No way a red state gets this game IMO.

Participant

Free

MLB is trying to kill the sport at the Professional level.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I have long since stopped contributing financially to MLB just because it has turned into a crappy product not worth the money it takes to go in person or the time and aggravation it takes to watch on tv. I like to follow the story line via box scores and here at TCN. I think this latest is just because, like other corporate entities, they want to position their brand on what they think is the right bandwagon.

Participant

Free

It is the wrong bandwagon. I bet a majority of baseball followers do not think like Black Lives Matter.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know GameCard and I do not pay much attention to any of that. But I am 100% sure baseball owners and execs to not much care if the Georgia legislature wants to require identification to obtain a mail in ballot.

Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB had to do this. The media would have hounded MLB to death over it. Besides, almost all baseball players are millennials, and our young people have embraced the tenets of the political left. There would have been some players who would have boycotted the All-Star Game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We all here have one common thread….our love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Nuts to the political stuff. Let us please reserve our hate for the cubbies only, gang.

I have very strong political opinions which most on this board probably wouldn’t agree with but I think Pug’s advice is the best. This isn’t the place for politics.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think Pug’s advice is the best. This isn’t the place for politics.

Would’ve been best if MLB had taken this approach. They’re making it easy for many fans to not get re-interested in a sport where enthusiasm waned last year.

Glad I’m in the 7-day cancellation window for MLB.tv. 😉

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Lol everyone posting here cracks me up.

Posters: “This isn’t the place for politics.”

Posters: *continue to share their political views*

Participant

Free

Hope to keep this non-political, and purely personal:

The world is changing a lot, and I’m changing with it. Living 2 miles from where George Floyd was killed is part of that. Living in a neighborhood where over 50 languages are spoken is part of that.

I’m more well read now. I’m better informed now. I realize that some of my old view were biased, narrow, or just plain wrong. So the first thing I do when something changes that I don’t like is to take a deep breath and pause, and think about other people’s perspective. People that have gone through trauma. People who have had bad experiences with authority. People who faced descrimination in the family history.

I realized that having narrow perspectives can be narrow-minded, and I’m no longer willing to have that. So I spend more time listening, and waiting. I try not to take sides, and try to imagine why other people are so passionate about things that I don’t hardly think about.

All this to say: the enemies of our country want us to be divided states, and divided political parties, but we have a pretty good country, filled with mostly good people, and let’s hope that we can find unity and tolerance even when we find ourselves on opposite sides of issues.

grayssportsalmanacgrayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

Mandred is an absolute coward and absolutely took a political stance.

There are many states that have voter ID already because its common sense. It has nothing to do with baseball. Stand up for your views and be proud. Dont apologize- winners win and losers lose- always have, always will😂

Participant

I hope that this stance doesn’t become a slippery slope. It’s too controversial for a lot of fans that feel baseball is baseball…. not politics. Some fans may head over to sports to get away from politicians. I’m one of that group.

Participant

Free

I dont think it will. Those who bend to the loud minority (on either side) are simply weak. The commissioner of baseball shouldnt be in that category.

Mlb operates on thinner margins than nba and nfl and is losing fan interest at a much more rapid pace. My guess is that they will simply stop after this and everyone will just go back to playing baseball.

Participant

gray…. I hope that you are right. But unfortunately, I expect more of the same from Manfred.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t get why some folks don’t seem to understand that Manfred does what the owners want him to do. It isn’t the other way around.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You may be right Brian but the decision ultimately lies with him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would be very surprised if many MLB fans boycott, stop watching games, or stop attending games because of this all star game decision. People will vent and talk big then that is usually it. Kind of like when they will stop going to Cardinal games as a protest against the front office or ownership. Next thing you know we have another 3 million through the turnstiles.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So cal, you are right but not all change is for the best. People have a right to decide if they want that change. Mlb is trying to dictate policy. It’s not their job to do that. They talk about rights and wrongs but yet choose to do the wrong thing. They talk about voter inequity but don’t care about hurting fans that believe there should be better voting procedures. This whole notion that if you think one way you are right and if you think the other way, you are a racist or some other ist is what’s going to destroy this country not some foreign power. Mlb is just furthering that along.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I do not want politics mixed in with my entertainment.

Jackie Robinson was a helluva ball player = winning games.

MLB seems to have no issues doing business with communist Cuba and China who’s human rights record = Nazi Germany.

Moving the All-Star game is very, very disingenuous. Period. End of story.

Participant

Free

Lets be clear- the owners (most of them pull the “woke” mark cuban types out) dont care about politics either. They are banking on the idea that most of the fans who disagree with politics in baseball (overwhelming majority) will roll their eyes and swallow their pride and still buy tickets/merch/streaming services. They are making a terrible business decision long term.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I won’t spend another dime on MLB – will be foregoing the Extra Innings package this year. I will monitor the Cardinals through this site but will not watch a single inning until they quit taking political sides.

Participant

Free

Gscott you will be surprised by how many do boycott watching or going to games now. That is just the worls we live in, as Disney how it went when they got all politcal and let one side do what they want but if other side said anything they got fired. There were so many people cancelling their disney plus the company was spinning like crazy over it.

Participant

Free

Is there anyplace one can go to get away from polarizing political issues?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gscott you will be surprised by how many do boycott watching or going to games now. That is just the worls we live in, as Disney how it went when they got all politcal and let one side do what they want but if other side said anything they got fired. There were so many people cancelling their disney plus the company was spinning like crazy over it.

You are right in that I will be surprised if any of that happens. Disney plus just went over 100 million subscribers which now puts it third behind Netflix and Amazon Prime, yet Disney Plus is much younger.

The NFL was supposed to go bankrupt after the players started taking a knee. Best I can tell the NFL is doing fine financially.

Participant

Free

grayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

There are many states that have voter ID already because its common sense. It has nothing to do with baseball. Stand up for your views and be proud. Dont apologize- winners win and losers lose- always have, always will😂
    MLB has made this about politics. You got to stand up to this crap.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘2021 All star game and draft moved from Atlanta’ is closed to new replies.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years