2020 Cardinals Game #55 – Fri, Sept. 25 vs. Brewers DH Game 1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #55 – Fri, Sept. 25 vs. Brewers DH Game 1

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Cardinals offense strikes again – strikes out that is.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Jack, it, it seems your demotion from ace to Brad Thompson is complete.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Jack, it, it seems your demotion from ace to Brad Thompson is complete.

I still don’t get this take. That’s two bad starts, both against the same team, in his last 25 or so outings. Are you on Gallegos’ case about his couple recent bad games too?

Jack should have pitched better and I’m sure he’d admit that himself. He’s still a good pitcher and will still likely be pitching in October with a chance to do damage.

Participant

Free

CF wrote: I tell you, this Horton goy is running neck-and-neck with Thompson

What can I do but agree CF. There are definitely times when these two guys who are otherwise very nice turn into werewolves with microphones in order to fill their word quota. But they are former pitchers so I give them a bit of a pass and blame it on FS-Midwest. But I draw the line when they bring in Timmy the bigmouth ex-catcher. It has been so fun this season when they are hundreds of miles from the stadium and have to wait like us other TV fans to determine if a a hit ball has enough oomph to get out. In one of the early games Danny Mac was giving it the old going going gone bit and it was caught a good 40 feet inside the fence.

Participant

Free

Jack Flaherty career vs everyone but the Brewers:

347.2 IP, 2.95 ERA

Jack Flaherty career vs the Brewers:

61.1 IP, 5.72 ERA

Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s eye👀 opening, Forschster. One might think that when Jack gains his freedom, he may want to seriously consider signing with Milwaukee….and only Milwaukee. It appears the venue has little to do with his Brewer difficulties.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thankfully we won game 2, but Flaherty’s unace like performance could have been disastrous to our playoff chances. And we all know our offense stinks, so if we aren’t scoring it’s up to our ace to match zeroes.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack Flaherty career vs everyone but the Brewers:

347.2 IP, 2.95 ERA

Jack Flaherty career vs the Brewers:

61.1 IP, 5.72 ERA

That’s crazy and does seem to jive with the eye test. I seem to recall him taking a no no fairly deep into a couple of games with the Brewers earlier in his career, too.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years