2020 Cardinals Game #52 – Tue. Sep. 22 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #52 – Tue. Sep. 22 at Royals

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley gets out of his jam. Still 5-0. Dylan will get his at bat in the 8th. Go yard, young man.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dylan hits one hard but it only gets to the warning track. Still a nice night for him. Hopefully the one of many exciting evenings at the plate for Mr Carlson.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera looks quite solid. It’s funny how not that long ago Gomber was our lone left handed prospect. Now the ranks have swelled with the additions of Thompson, Liberatore, and Cabrera.

Participant

Free

Carp may be worthless, but that throwing shoulder of his was loosened up tonight like I haven’t seen it in years. He has rared back and thrown some seeds from deep in the hole to first.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I missed Pugs comment about Z relieving Z. That surely is a first.

Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

Participant

Paid - Annual

It was a good night all the way around. Let’s do it again tomorrow night. Gomber and Carlson were the heroes tonight.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I missed Pugs comment about “Z” relieving “Z”. That “surely” is a first.

Nice catch, Cardinals27! I felt that observation would have really inspired much debate and commotion here at The Cardinal Nation. But it was not to be. And for the record, I did not call that Royals reliever “Shirley Zimmer”….though he did kinda throw like a girl.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I do believe Zimmer was the Royals version of Alex Reyes for many years.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really fine start from Gomber, in Hudson’s rotation spot. Looking forward to Gombers next start.

Participant

Great to see Carlson’s performance.
    Has he turned the corner?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am not sure that one game in a row means too much, good or bad, but if Carlson (or anyone) could get hot this week, it sure would help matters.

Gomber has yet to give up a run in his three starts and seems to be poised to cover well for Hudson. I just looked up his splits and his opponent OPS as a starter is .600 and is even better as a reliever, .582. He is quietly having a great season.

Participant

A big part of hitting for a young player is confidence. Hopefully a great night at the plate yesterday will help Dylan with that.

Participant

Free

Gomber is one of the reasons I would not have a problem trading CMart or other starters.

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years