2020 Cardinals Game #52 – Tue. Sep. 22 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #52 – Tue. Sep. 22 at Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:05 p.m.
    LHP Austin Gomber (0-1, 2.37) vs. RHP Brady Singer (3-4, 4.14)
    FS Midwest // KMOX

Update: Mike Shildt officially named Gomber his starter after Sunday’s game.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brady Singer, never heard of him, probably throw a complete game shutout. Allowed a 5.58 era over his first 8 GS, then has thrown 14 scoreless IP vs CLE and DET. 18/52 BB/K is very good.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll try and tune this one in. Hopefully I will be done jogging and watering my landscaping and out of the shower with a cigar in hand by the first 2-3 innings.

Lunch today was Subway, steak and cheese with lettuce, onions, mayo, mustard and four choc chip cookies and a Pepsi.

Din din later tonight will be a tuna salad sandwich, a piece of cherry pie, and another cigar.

I am calling this one 5-2 Redbirds.

r/Esteemed Rat<~~~~who just shelled out $3,500 to Terminix to get rid of the mice in his attic. They said there were hundreds – HUNDREDS – of dead mice up there. They sucked out the insulation, sprayed it down, and put in new insulation.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You would have saved yourself 3500 clams if you had sicced(pronounced ‘sicked’) Whitey Herdog on those mice(or mouse) instead of hiring a so called professional, Rat. They probably found the remnants of one lone mouse up there and told you “hundreds” so to jack up the price an additional $3400. That is one sweet little din-din that you have on tap though, Rat. I’m having pork chops, applesauce, baked beans drenched in vinegar, nutty donuts and a Mt. Dew.

Go Birds!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if this Singer kid inhabits the same genealogical tree as ex-Dodger pitcher, Bill Singer. Bill Singer once fired a no hitter when I was in kindergarten…..if memory serves me correct. Let’s hope this Brady Singer doesn’t register one of his own on this fine Tuesday evening.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well Pugs, the Esteemed Whitey Herdog is still recovering from her back and disc issue, IVDD. She is now walking a little, somewhat awkwardly, but at least she can now go to the bathroom on her own.

The Vet said to think of this rehab in terms of months, not days or weeks.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I speak for the entire Cardinal Nation family in wishing Whitey Herdog the speediest of recoveries! Keep her clear of that thick cigar smoke and double chocolate cake and I bet she’ll be turning sommersaults before you know it, Rat.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2B Wong
    SS Edman
    1B Goldschmidt
    3B Carpenter
    C Molina
    DH Miller
    RF Fowler
    LF Carlson
    CF Bader

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brady Singer, never heard of him, probably throw a complete game shutout. Allowed a 5.58 era over his first 8 GS, then has thrown 14 scoreless IP vs CLE and DET. 18/52 BB/K is very good.

Singer was a first round pick a couple of years ago and has moved quickly. Was a top 50/100 guy prior to this season. The Royals think highly of him. He’s no slouch, but hopefully we can score some runs off him.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schildt agreed DeJong needs a day off

Participant

Free

Pugs, I threw in some raw onions with my shredded cheese and Carroll Shelby’s Texas chili last night. It was delicious; thanks for the tip. Brian, I googled Carroll Shelby and his face car history; thanks for the tip. His chili rivals his race car career, fyi.

Tonight’s did-din is leftover purple hull peas over some leftover white rice, with some leftover cornbread crumbled and mixed in, and a side of roasted Idaho red potatoes. It’s technically vegetarian, but with a lot of starch, lol. Some cantaloupe for my fruit, and a nice Pinot Noir for my second serving of fruit 🙂

As for the Cards, my enthusiasm is undeterred, despite last night’s loss. But for a routine slow hopper to first base, unfortunately with the shift on, we would’ve gotten to our pen tied 1-1 and possibly won that game.

My mindset is just make the playoffs. I’d like to see us improve our situational hitting, but as mediocre as it is, it is still better than most of the rest of MLB. Announcers said last night that our defense is 1st in MLB in runs saved (35), and Popeye is 1st among MLB left fielders in defensive runs saved (9).

Combine that with a starting rotation of Waino, Flaherty, and Kim, and a plus bullpen, and I’ll take my chances. As we all know, when the leaves turn gold, the Braves will fold. And I think we are better than the Cubs this year. Just make the tourney.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and healthy evening.

Go Cards.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Singer isn’t finding the zone too much tonight. 4 walks already.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Tinky. Would love that vegetarian din-din of yours tonight……wishing the wifey would throw me a curve ball like that every once in awhile. Speaking of curve balls, Singer has us no hit thru 2 in a scoreless ballgame. But this Singer guy should be just the ticket to get Carlson going……Dylan should feast off his offerings.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Attaboy, Dylan. 2 run double.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2 run double by Carlson, on a changeup I believe

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong drives in Carlson, 3-0 Cards.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Thompson said it was a hanging slider.

Wong comes through!!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong thrown out, Edman walks to replace him.

Participant

Way to go Dylan!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Say what you will about Bader, but no other Cards outfielder would have gotten to that one. Great play.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

That was impressive!!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler getting in on the action, robbing Merrifield.

I also have to admit that I usually don’t enjoy the interviews, but I’m liking the one with Bob Kendrick of the Negro Leagues Museum.

Participant

That was a nice catch by Fowler.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson now with the triple!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years