2020 Cardinals Game #40 – Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #40 – Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Carlos Martinez (0-2, 12.27) vs. RHP Tyler Mahle (1-2, 3.89)
    FS Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards going all in on offense today:

K Wong (L) 2B
    P DeJong (R) SS
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    B Miller (L) DH
    R Ravelo (R) RF
    Y Molina (R) C
    M Carpenter (L) 3B
    A Dean (R) LF
    H Bader (R) CF

Participant

Paid - Annual

A very interesting lineup indeed.

Hey, I know it is an extremely small sample size but I wanted to offer a hat tip to guys like Crismatt and Kaminsky. When given the opportunity they have come in and put up zeroes. If nothing else they have earned the right to compete for a roster spot next spring training.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sss or not, those IP have added value in this condensed schedule. It’s all hands on deck and last nights relievers, including Webb, did exactly what we needed from them. I offer a hat-tip also.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader flanked by Dean and Ravelo, with Edman getting a start off. Thomas and O’Neill getting their second start in a row off.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, but Dean, Ravelo and Carpenter all have a 4-digit ops over the last 7 days. Goldy and Bader in the mid .900’s. Disclaimer: 7 days will always be a sss.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar said:

Hey, I know it is an extremely small sample size but I wanted to offer a hat tip to guys like Crismatt and Kaminsky.

I invite you to check out my home page article today…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj said:

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, but Dean, Ravelo and Carpenter all have a 4-digit ops over the last 7 days. Goldy and Bader in the mid .900’s. Disclaimer: 7 days will always be a sss.

There are just two weeks left in the season. Both Shildt and Mo said they are looking for hot hands.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj said:

It’s all hands on deck and last nights relievers, including Webb, did exactly what we needed from them.

Yes and no. I think it is highly unlikely Webb would pitch in a day game after throwing in each of the prior two nights.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

no, no, all hands on deck was poor wording i guess. we need everyone to be effective at this point in the schedule or we’re using save sit relievers in mop-up. Shildt is holding as firm as he can to his usage script, and when it’s your turn, be effective.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Re: hot hands

For Sept. Matt Carpenter has had 33 PA’s and a 154 ops+
    .269 / .424 / .538 / .963

Only players with 2, 5 or 13 PA’s have a higher ops+, so if you were hoping Carp would get hot, he has.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I invite you to check out my home page article today…

Good article. I keep forgetting that Kaminsky was a Cardinal first round draft pick back in the day.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

maybe Carlos should just pitch from the stretch 🙂

Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting having both Ravelo and Dean in the lineup today. Maybe both of them can produce runs, like Rangel did in the 1st inning.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos with 5 Ks in the first two innings. He did give up a homer to allow the Reds to tie.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp’s leadoff double turns into a run as Wong drives him in. Wong and Bader end up at 2nd and 3rd on the throw.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Awesome work by Dean there. He completely loses the easy fly ball, allowing the 2nd run to score.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Going with the all offense lineup does come with risks.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also, what is with the umps in this series? Carlos’ first pitch was 4 inches inside the zone. Bring on the robot umps, please!

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

uh-oh, keep competing Carlos

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, so whose idea was it to intentionally walk the bases loaded there? Austin Dean has now cost us 2 runs, and that managerial decision was equally bad.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good work by Carlos getting out of it. Too bad Dean lost that fly ball in the sun. Maybe he’ll make up for it with the bat.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB’s app is a joke. That Suarez play was listed as a “sharp fly ball.” That Carlos is charged with earned runs after that joke of an attempt by Dean is a travesty.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos immediately went 3-0 after the misplay, but it looked like he got it back together before eventually walking him. Then the 3 pitch K. You just can’t play D like that behind Carlos.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

When Molina sat last night instead of today, the first thing I wondered was if they wanted him to catch CMart.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards get the first two on in the third and then get swing happy, with Yadi and Carp striking out. Not ideal.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years