2020 Cardinals Game #27 – Tue, Sep. 1 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #27 – Tue, Sep. 1 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley is in and he’s definitely rusty. Gives up the HR to Votto and the deep fly that O’Neill makes a great effort but just can’t quite come up with.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who’d have thought that Pugs would have undersold this juggernaut of an offense tonight?

Yeah, 9 predicted runs vs Sonny “CY” Gray did underestimate our boys tonight, Stlcard25. Wong messed me though, as I only figured him for 2 or maybe 3 hits at the most. My Tommy Boy sure came through tonight. He’ll take off like a rocket now for the rest of the season. Edman is the one guy who you simply CANNOT take out of that lineup. He’s young and he’s game, so play him every darn inning for the remainder of this short season.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Damn, they took Wong out. Hope he’s okay.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

C27, he ran the bases after his HBP, so he seemed ok. Probably just wanted some at bats for Bader.

20 hits for the Cards tonight. Incredible.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah let’s hope not, Cardinals27. Not watching the game right now….. hopefully it wasn’t an intentional beaning….or there’ll be heck to pay tomorrow when we hit em for 20 tallies!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So who will Schildt bringing in next? I am saying Reyes.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

26 base runners.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These 14-1 games are where I absolutely love seeing Webb pitch.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bcran, I hope you are pleased with the offense tonight. lol

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo’s secret strategy pays off again. Most teams get fired up when their front office makes several aggressive moves at the deadline. Mo knows that our guys appreciate it when he does nothing because it shows how much he believes in them. Just like last year!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brad Miller says I will keep the DH job thank you very much!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller is our answer to Scooter Gennett.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brad Miller says I will keep the DH job thank you very much!

All it took was a bit of doubting from me to get these guys going, I guess. Hopefully the offense can be steady the rest of the year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We now have four guys in the lineup hitting over .300.

Goldy .353
    Miller .317
    DeJong .322
    Yadi .301

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards runs per game is up to 4.55 following this game. Prior to the last 3 games it was at 3.89.

Tinky
    Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals win 16-2 to move to 14-13 on the season.

St. Louis Cardinals MLB Game Recap – Tuesday, September 1, 2020

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Holy smokes.

Save some for the next game boys.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Indeed nice to see some offense for a change. Hopefully there are still plenty of hits and runs left in the bats for games to come. But great night last night without doubt.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Runs may be at a premium in this one.</blockquote
    I’ll also say that if Miller continues to cool off, the DH spot should be open for others to use as well

Gibson vs Marichal…. Tudor vs Ryan….Morris vs Johnson….Carpenter vs Halladay….Kim vs Gray. What’s not to like about tonight’s marquee matchup?

That’s it for Sonny Gray.

I am gobsmacked!! Didn’t expect this

Sheesh, even the cardboard fans are going to be heading for the gates in this one.

Just turned the game on. One question: Where has this offense come from? The club has gone from struggling to score to an onslaught the last three games!

This is why they have to play the games. Its why we love baseball… we all try but you never know!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey, I turned on my computer this morning an discovered that a bunch of guys pretending to be Cardinals mashed 23 hits and scored 16 runs. Who were those guys? And why don’t they play for us?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Miller is our answer to Scooter Gennett.

Whatever happened to Scooter?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whatever happened to Scooter?

The Reds and Giants sent him packing and I think he may have had a short tryout with the Cubs but he didn’t stick there either. He is currently a free agent.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For a player to rev up and then drop off the way Scooter Gennett did, you have to wonder if salsa is part of the problem.

Whatever the case, it’s sad. The poor guy is missing out on the big money. If he doesn’t get back in the game, he will have to squeeze by in life with only the $20M he’s been able to bank so far from MLB, plus whatever future money he makes at his desk job. What’s worse is that he’s already 30 years old.

bccran
    Participant

I like the offense now, gscottar.
    Sometimes you just have to try to find the right combination of players who sync well.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.