2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I mean even there we make it all the way back and people stil are complaining and thinking the worst

Yikes folks. It’s baseball!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Norris was almost decapitated on that liner by Knapp to lead off the 9th. Made me think of Ponce. Fortunately, Munoz was cheating toward the middle and threw out Knapp for the first out. Norris gets two of the next three batters to send it to the 10th.

Use of the pen and bench is going to be interesting. Fowler, Garcia, and Wong have already been used off the bench (and Flaherty too for that matter). Bowman, Brebbia, Cecil, Gomber, and Hicks have not pitched out of the pen tonight.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pham blasts a no-doubter. Cards lead 5-4.

Participant

Free

That worthless, washed up Pham.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham trying to remind everyone what he can provide. I didn’t realize he had hit in 12 games straight

Go get em Cards!

Edited for mistake of 22 when I meant 12

12 is still impressive though for where he wa at

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatarthejager.
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham with a slam!! 5-4 Redbirds

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bowman is warming. I wish the Cards could score a few more runs. Lol

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

jager, 22 is not right, it’s 12. You probably just had a typo.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Jags…..I don’t see it happening….but if I were to ever get to the point of contemplating taking a flying leap off the Golden Gate, I’m calling you first to talk me down. I never get upset with the Negative Nellies…these game threads would be that much boring without them….and without posters calling them out for it too. This is a very frustrating but fun game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If this Pham stays hot along with Ozuna too. And Carp hitting very well as he has been for a while despite his low overall avergage making people think he isn’t. Combine that with Yadi getting back into a groove (as he shows tonight) Jmart being at least close to what he’s doing and the return of DeJong and maybe this offense will provide more than we have seen.

Now if we could get Wong and Fowler going at least a little bit for the summer and we might have the ability to make some noise with our bats!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Got the lead Norris might end up with another win if Bowman can lock it down!

This one would at least potentially be without him blowing the save though. Potential progresss!

Go get em Bowman!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Bowman may be on multi inning duty if need be. Same with Cecil if necessary. Bomber and Hicks and Brebbia seem to have been a bit busy lately.

It’d be nice to get a crazy win like this without using all the top end bullets

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards win the challenge, which is huge. At least the Phillies have to have a hit to tie it now.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s never easy it seems. Phillies have the tying run on 2nd and one out and Santana up. Now the Cards are going to walk Santana to put the winning run on base. A little off beat, but obviously they don’t like the match up there.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really need a double play here.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bowman with the K!! One more out to go!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bowman follows the intentional walk with a K of Valentin. One more out to go, tying run on 2nd and winning run on 1st.

Participant

Paid - Annual

1 more out Bowman

Come on!

Definitely weird to see him pitching up so much

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crushing loss. Ozuna tries to play hero and flubs it. Goodness, that game sucked

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Game over. Bowman gives up a rocket that Ozuna can’t catch to the .175 hitting Altherr to blow it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow. Heartbreaker.

Ozuna dives for the win ends up losing it on the effort.

Crazy game folks.

So much to like about overcoming so many strike outs.

The pitching gave up nothing after the first until the end there.

Probaay didn’t deserve the win with the way he we couldn’t hit but still had a shot.

Bowman just didn’t like old school Bowman there and he still almost got it to work out.

Baseball folks. Gotta love it no matter the outcome.

Couldn’t have scripted that game hat way in a million tries

Go Cards!

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why didn’t they bring Holland into the game instead of Bowman?

r/Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Come on.

That game did not suck

It’s never fun to lose. But what an exiting game for both sets of fans. We had great pi Ching on both sides. HRs. Double plays. Strikeouts and key pitching. Clutch hits and two comebacks

I dont like losing but that game had everything that makes baseball exciting and fun

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rats, Holland hasn’t been officially activated yet.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals (37-33) fall to the Phillies 6-5 in 10 innings in Game 1.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years