2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

After stinking it up his last four starts, Pivetta has a career high in strikeouts tonight…against the Cards…surprising. And now Molina is trying to bring sanity back to this equation. He hits a HR to make it 4-2. We still have 8 outs to get even.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’d think the Cards have never seen a curveball before. Pivetta was on fire tonight, but he threw a lot of curves the last few innings. Eventually they should have been able to hit some; especially the ones in the middle of the zone.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve gotta say that it looks like Muñoz has hit the wall. He swings at everything.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carp almost ties it up in the 8th with a hit off the wall for a double. Garcia moves to 3rd. One out in the 8th and a decent chance to tie here.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Before that at bat, I thought to myself that if he throws that loopy curve, Marp will take him deep. He juuust missed sending it out but ended up with the double. Men on 2nd and 3rd with the chance for Pham to tie it up.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pham can’t get it done. Had two good pitches to whack, but ends up striking out. It’s up to Martinez now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham missed a fat pitch in the middle of the plate. Two down. Come on Jmart!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez looked horrendous. Let the fat pitch go by and flailed at two bad pitches. Curse of the new baby?

Cards wasted a golden opportunity there.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez follows Pham’s AB with an even worse one — whiff, stare, whiff. The two whiffs were out of the zone and the stare was located just about where you’d set it on tee if you could.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lousy ABs by Pham and JMart.All one of had to do was make contact and Cards could have scored a run.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

We’ve now had six different relievers combine for seven shutout innings over the last two games. Maybe that’s the start of a trend and not blip?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ozuna with another horrible AB to start the 9th. He wouldn’t take the walk. With a 2-run deficit, that’s what he should have been thinking. After Carp’s AB, our top of the order has absolutely stunk at clutch time these last two innings. Molina now gets a hit with one out to bring up the tying run.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goold’s podcast had the topic of “whose at bat is it?” last week. They were discussing when the guy gets to control his at bat and when it’s for the good of the team.

This team has so many guys who just can’t seem to get out of that selfiah mindset. You can’t hit a two run home run with no one on base.

Tying runs on second and third.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gyorko gives us another chance with a double, Yadi on 3rd. Tying runs in scoring position with Bader up.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader strikes out. All up to Muñoz now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Muñoz strikes out on a pitch so bad that he ends up getting to first.

Guess it’s up to Wong now. The lefty is coming in. Not a very good chance at a hit, but stranger things have happened.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Unbelievable. Cards just can’t even put a ball in play when it matters most — Bader flails and Ks.

Then Munoz strikes out on an awful pitch for the 3rd out, but wait, the ball gets by the catcher. It is not the 3rd out and Munoz is on first. Yadi scores and Flaherty (pinch runner) is on 3rd. Wong is pinch hitting and Phillies are changing pitchers.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong ties it!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wong ties it with a base hit, unbelievable. Runners on 1st and 2nd now. Better win it here. Carp is up.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp worked a decent at bat, just had the inside pitch hit the bat and ends the threat. Alright…now hold on and get em with the 2-3-4 in the 10th.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carp goes down with a weak ground out to the pitcher. Bullpen has more work to do now.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

stlcard25, I was Pugs’ echo last night, and tonight I’m your echo. Let’s pull this one out.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

IT MAKES ME SO SICK, JUST DISGUSTS ME MORE THAN ANYTHING ABOUT THE CARDINALS, WHEN I SEE THEM SWINGING LIKE MANIACS IN CRUCIAL SITUATIONS WHEN THEY HAVE TWO STRIKES!!!!!!!

DANG PEOPLE, QUIT TRYING TO HIT THE BALL FOUR MILES AND JUST PUT IT IN PLAY WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE AND YOU HAVE TWO STRIKES!!!!!!!

r/A Disgusted Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think tieing this game up in the 9th in the fashion that it occurred, is the sole purpose of the baseball Gods dishing us out a painful dose of late inning disappointment. You just CANNOT win with your 2-3-4 hitters going a combined 0-12…..you just can’t.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Get an extra out and make them pay. Tie game

We may not win the game still but I just don’t see why it is so popular to call out any opportunity to say the team is bad or the game is over. Any little thing is always the sign of impending doom or the sign of any player being the worst ever

The team isn’t terrible and every player in a slump is still dangerous and a MLB player.

We may still lose and everything may implode still. But I don’t see why rooting for failure by calling out every mistake feels so much better than rooting for the best out of your favorite team until the end.

If t makes you happy then go for it. It just doesn’t seem to make a lot of people happy instead it seems to only make watching the game depressing. But to each his/her own I guess

For me I hope and root for the best out of the players in the game

Go Cards!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.