2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #70 – at Phillies – Mon 6/18

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (7-2, 2.43) vs. RHP Nick Pivetta (4-6, 4.25) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Interesting analysis from the betting community. I guess in their scenario, the Cards win narrowly due to Mikolas.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have the ERA advantage in every game this series. However, this is the only one with a vast difference.

To go on the road and win a series against a team we will need to compete against for a playoff spot would be huge. Is Jose Martinez back for this series?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez and Holland are expected to be activated today.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One of those two is good news for the team, unless Holland has gained such pinpoint accuracy as to purposely walk guys and give up hits and homers to lull MLB teams into a false sense of security on his comeback.

Looking forward to seeing Jose back tonight and maybe Holland soon if the Cards are up by 7 runs.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bring in Holland if we are up 7 runs?

You better get Hicks and Norris warmed up if you do.

r/Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Seven runs up? No. Seven runs down? Perfect spot for him if he’s got to be on the roster.

I hope he really has it figured out now, but if he flames out this time, he might soon get the Peralta/Broxton treatment from last year.

NJ315
    Participant

On a positive note Ozuna was named NL player of the week. .455 batting avg and 4 homers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez back, Voit down. Mo says they will make a decision on Holland in the next day or two.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards go quietly in the first. Hopefully they can wear Pavetta down and get to the soft Phillies bullpen early tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas in trouble in the first. A single and a walk to open up.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Homer. 3-0 Phillies before they even get an out.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Phillies are crushing Mikolas. A single smoked off the wall and still no out.

NJ315
    Participant

Great play by Franco

colhusker
    Participant

Free

And the one guy who has been good, is now bad too. Odds of coming back?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Down three runs against a worn out Phillies staff? I wouldn’t say the Cards are favored but they could come back, sure.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miles has settled down a bit. It would be nice if he got through 6 innings and the Cards figured out Pivetta a bit.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A guy isn’t allowed to have one poor inning without being labeled bad?

He’s been lights out since they got the bloop 4 th run

Carp gets us back to 3 with a HR

Looks like they don’t have an idea on Pivettas release point IMO

Only the 5th

NJ315
    Participant

Mayers warming up. Mikolas back out.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2nd time through only Carp seemed to see him better. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

Worked against quintana last night

Too many pitches in 1st and 2nd. And it being really hot out I think you don’t push him if he starts to wear down here in the 5th

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pivetta picked a great night to break out of his pitching woes and carve up an opponent. Cards not making much contact at the plate.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think what we’re looking at here is the case of Cy Pivetta catching up with the league…..took him a while, but I think he’s figured it all out. 5 innings complete….9 Ks….a walk….just one lone blemish….a 3rd inning Carpenter jack. Cy Pivetta….cannot be stopped….your only hope…..try as hard as you can to merely contain him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matheny really wants Dexter to have some success. I would have really preferred Garcia.

Well, that was a horrible error by their SS so Fowler gets on base.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What is the proportion of pitchers that pitch their best game of the season against the Cards? It sure seems like this happens about once a week.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.