2018 Reg Seas Game #69 – vs. Cubs – Sun 6/17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #69 – vs. Cubs – Sun 6/17

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I want to be clear that I am not against Oquendo in any way. He was a positive addition, but the coaches who were fired were not incompetent, either. It was unrealistic for some to expect Oquendo would work miracles with mostly the same players as before.

If I had to choose, I would always take better players over better coaches, but the team’s moves that got the most attention over this last off-season were Oquendo and McGee. Too bad they are too old to play.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

maybe Fowler’s degradation, Ozuna’s arm issues, and losing our starting SS to a young SS for a big chunk so far this year, losing our starting catcher, as well as constantly being forced to move around 4 guys for three spots (3b and 2b and 1b) has something to do with it

even Oquendo cant perform miracles when there is so much change happening

before all he had to do was make Skip a passable 2bman and Carp a slightly better one…all the other positions were locked down with All Stars and vets

one coach cant change a team composition and that isnt on Oquendo

To me, that Munoz has been able to take control of SS even with some hiccups is a testament to his value…not to mention Carp pand Gyorko’s more solid than people want to admit play at 3b and 2b is too

That Jmart is struggling at 1b and Fowler and Ozuna are not what we want is far from Oquendo problem or ability to solve with everything else he is doing positive

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.