2018 Reg Seas Game #62 – at Reds – Sat 6/9

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #62 – at Reds – Sat 6/9

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Down goes Scooter!

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

And

THAT’S A WINNER!!!!!!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hicks looked great as closer, striking out the side. Votto singled with one out, but even so, Hicks pitched him well.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards keep pace with Brewers and Cubs by winning today. Unfortunately, the Cubs are on a roll now.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

St. Louis wins 6-4 to improve to 35-27 on the season.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wins a wins a win

All you can do is play the teams on your schedule. At this point in the season that’s all that really matters a few games back or a hit streak by another team or two doesn’t really matter much as long as you take care of your own games.

I wish we could few better with 3 run leads than we are showing but the offense is waking up a bit and the rotation gives us about 5-6 inning a every night to the offense to find a lead

Using gomber again tonight and Hicks when Cecil is healthy I think might be indication that Cecil is on thin ice. He should have been the guy in late but we’d rather basically make Hicks and Gomber off limit Sunday rather than take a hance with Cecil.

Losing Lyons and Sherriff might have given him more leash but I think even that is running out.

If we can find a lefty backend man o think he might be let go. Unfortunate as I had hopes for a nice rebound year from him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Hicks should be the closer. Cards still need more relief help.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Hicks time might be upon us. Even though he started out the first few weeks of season with that 0.00 era, I think we have seen vast improvement in his game over the past month. He’s quickly learning how to become a pitcher, which has to be quite frightening to opposing teams. Arbitrationally speaking, doesn’t he have to be sent down for a short stint before season’s end? If so, that really puts management in a pickle as he’s too badly needed to even contemplate such a move.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Fortunately the Reds continue to prop up our season. We are below .500 against the teams on our schedule other than Cincinnati. But that is how it goes, however the club needs to find a way to play over .500 against non-Cincy teams to stay in it.

A good test is coming up next weekend with the Cubs series.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting point about Hicks becoming the closer. Could we see that in the near future? Norris has been taking on a little more water lately and is starting to sink.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Hicks graduated to at least a part time closer last night.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards may be dominating Cincy but it’s the teams with losing records that are the issue. 11-10 against >.500 clubs, 9-0 against Cincinnati and 15-17 against the rest of the sub .500 clubs. We simply must do better against the Miami and KC types to hang in the Central.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Simply put, if the Cincinnati Reds ceased to exist and hence were not on our 2018 schedule , our Cards would be very probable sellers as this year’s trade deadline approached…..God love them!!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Or you could say that if the Cardinals played at their normal clip against the bad teams on the schedule so far (which is about .560 win percentage), they would be tied for the best record in the NL right now.

Sure, winning 9 straight against any team is difficult no matter the circumstances but there have been some real clunkers by this team in other series against bad teams. If they play normally against them, the overall record should improve.

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years