2018 Reg Seas Game #62 – at Reds – Sat 6/9

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #62 – at Reds – Sat 6/9

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:10 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (7-1, 2.41) vs. RHP Luis Castillo (4-6, 5.64) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh golly gee…..this joint is Deadsville for a game thread…..but Jose gets his teeth into one!!! Deep right center….into the cheap seats for another Martinez dinger! 1-0 Else Birdies! Oh my dilly dally…
    Ozuna throttles one deep to center and that baby is literally flirting with outer space as it’s long long gone!! 2-0 Cards and Mr. Castillo has yielded about 825 feet of real estate on just 2 pitches.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’m here Pugs. I am getting my bar-b-q ribs, baked potato, hard boiled eggs, homemade ice cream, and a Mt. Dew for lunch ready. Then I will enjoy a cigar afterwards. All the while watching the titanic struggle of the Cards at the Reds.

r/Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

You know how to make me jeolous Rat! Sweet treats…a splash of The Dew….foot long stoogie fit for a king….Cards baseball…Cards winning baseball that is….you know how to live it up in style sprinkled with the usual touch of Rat’s class. Hey Rat, you’ve seen a ton of games at Riverfront. Was that Ozuna 1st inning blast to center the longest you’ve seen at that park?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, you might’ve just brought to light a key sabermetric that Mo could use to improve his pen acquisitions of the future. It would be called f-REPP (feet of real estate per pitch). You want to steer clear of guys with an f-REPP of 412.5 (825/2), as we see in your small sample size example of Mr Castillo.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha!!! Classic stuff, Euro!! But you know…………………I truly believe you may be on to another useful saberstat….I really like it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

More closely examining Euro’s f-REPP stat…..if you spell it backward you are well on your way to coming up with the word “PPERfect”…..which adequately describes the new saberstat.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha 1-hitting Cincy thru 2 complete now….still 2-0 Cards as we mozzy along to inning #3 with the 2 big boppers ( Ozuna & Martinez ) waiting in the wings.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With the way Wacha is dealing these days, these 2 runs should be sufficient enough for 3 games for him…..knock on wood….knock on tall timber on that one!….do NOT want to jinx the big guy. And now for good measure, Wacha leads off the Redbird 3rd by making his counterpart work overtime to the tune 9 pitches before finally trotting on to 1st base totally unobstructed thanks to a free pass. And now Carpenter smokes a liner into right for a hit….with Wacha applying the brakes at 2nd and now St. Louis is really in business with no outs. Pham whiffs flailing. Up steps Mr. Trouble for Cincy in the person of one, Jose Martinez. Jose walks as I believe Castillo subconsciously wanted no part of Jose’s sizzling stick. Bases fully occupied with Birds with 1 out. Oh for a long one here from “Outer Space” Ozuna. Marcell pops it up on the infield….Votto tracking it and has it about 10 feet into foul territory off 1st base. Up strolls Yadi….come on Yadier! Rifles a shot into the left-center field alley that Usain Bolt on his best day couldn’t touch!…Wacha trots in with Carpenter not far back…Martinez rounds 3rd and he’ll beat the throw with Yadi sliding safely into 3rd and it’s 5-0 Cards!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey are you out there Cardinals2016? For those that missed it, earlier this year Cardinals2016 proposed that if a team amassed a 9+ run lead by the 7th inning or later, the team that is administering the thumping should have all of their batters practice their bunting skills for the remainder of their at bats. I forget what he call it. Hopefully our Cardinals will be entering double digit lead territory in this one before it’s over.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler opens the Cardinal 4th by becoming Castillo’s 7th strike out victim on the day. Munoz flys one to right t hst Winner barely had to move s muscle to corral….2 down. It’s pretty much been either feast of famine for Castillo today…either he whiffs you or he makes you a happy man by serving you up a big hit.

Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s Winker not Winner! I wish I could remove that spell check jazz from this thing!

Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, I am here. But I believe it was you that came up with the rule of 10 runs, then we start bunting. I merely added the suggestion we bunt until the other team scores…

But yes, it is exciting when we have back-to-back homers in the first and the pitcher starts a rally by drawing a nine pitch walk…

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha looks totally in control out there this year. Whatever he did during this past off season, he needs to duplicate it this coming winter. Something tells me that his diet wasn’t anything close to resembling what RatsBuddy chows down every day.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There you are stranger! You know I believe you are correct sir. I can’t think of the name we had for it….oh oh! Is that Suarez! Wacha just yielded a long 2-run wallop to the big guy and just like that we have ourselves a ballgame….5-2 Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see from Fowler! One of the few nice things we’ve seen from Dexter thus far in 2018. On a routine fly ball to right, Dexter demonstrated no signs whatsoever of Hollywooding the catch….very refreshing to see indeed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards go down meekly in the 6th. Castillo with 91 heaves thru 6 frames. You can tell the sturdy ones….this Castillo is a horse….I bet he could fire off 140 pitches without a hitch. Lucky for him Dusty still isn’t managing the Redlegs or he very well may have eclipsed those 140 pitches on more than once an occasion.

Participant

Free

I believe that would be the professional version of the mercy rule, Pugs

Participant

Paid - Annual

Jose deftly snares a liner at 1st! Is the man turning the corner defensively? I know one thing, you cannot bench a player who is stroking the ball like Jose is right now. Think it’s too late to lobby in the DH for the NL this year?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Right you are, Cardinals2016! The Mercy Rule it was. Hopefully we’ll get to employ it in this affair. Just watching Yadi swing there….boy did he ever take a Herculean stroke! He missed it, but the the good folks sitting in rows 1-4 near home plate certainly were the lucky recipients of a blast of cool air that was generated from that swat. Never ever seen Yadi take such a viscous cut! In an odd sort of way you wonder if his injury didn’t change his swing in some fashion? If so, maybe after the game MM should have Fowler and Wong stand at attention blindfolded and have Hicks fire his best fastball right at……..(better not go there).

Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh! Look at that tall drink of water warming up in the Reds pen…..Garrett is his name. Bet he can bring the mustard. Now watch…he’s probably some soft tossing knuckleballer. Hey where did all of the knuckleballers go? Picture sandwiching one of those in between a Hicks and Reyes.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

During Fowler’s last at bat, Dan mentioned that Cardinals fans hadn’t yet seen Carpenter, Fowler and Ozuna all clicking at the same time.

My first thought was that we are more likely to see Stan and Red at next Opening Day than see those three produce simultaneously.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the mercy rule is going to come into play today. Also looks like Wacha won’t make it past the 6th. The pen is going to be called upon again to, ahem, hold and save another one for us.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny stuff, UCONN! Oh golly….Winker just hit one a mile and a half, but luckily it was a titch wide right. Hey UCONN…..whats the cake of the day today?? For those of you who do not know, UCONN is the Julia Childs of The Cardinal Nation. Best darn scrumptdilyitious cakes on the planet!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years