2018 Reg Seas Game #55 – vs. Pirates – Fri 6/1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #55 – vs. Pirates – Fri 6/1

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

I still don’t understand how Ozuna won the gold glove

Participant

Free

Did we score all of our runs on Thursday? I’ve got a feeling they’ll not score the combined amount of runs last night the rest of the series.

Participant

Free

Another noodle arm. Picked that up in shallow left field. Why can’t these guys throw home. I was around so many guys who could make that throw easily. Just division 3 college ball. This guy is built like a rock and throws like jay.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pirates have 4 lefthanded bats up in a row, all productive: walk, double, Sac fly, double. Cards have 3 lefthanders in the pen and none are even warmed up. Makes you shake your head.

Just got notification. The gold glove department has issued a recall notice on Ozuna’s award.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So why did Mike the Genius leave Tui in the game to face 3 straight left-handed hitters? We have 3 left handed guys in the pen or is Cecil and Lyons not available and Gomber is only the break glass pitcher? I mean I get our hitters haven’t done jack shit tonight but why make it more it more difficult by leaving Tui in the game?

NOTE: I was typing my comment when VegasJim had already posted and I was unaware.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

None of those plays for throws home would have been made by 99% of the league.

Maybe one of the Ozuna ones Cespedes or Stanton the like could have made it close. But that’s about it. Maybe 2-5 guys makes it close. And that’s only on one of them. The one to Fowler had no shot and the other to Ozuna needed the cutoff man too.

Fowler isn’t known for a cannon. And he’s got a 3 game hitting streak. I’d rather him not throw his arm out on a play no one could make.

Even giving up 4 runs, the pitching has been fine today. The offense is to blame for the loss at the moment.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Oh now he brings in a lefty pitcher to face a right handed bat. Good grief. Mike Matheny is a clueless idiot. I can’t wait until he is canned.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not much going right for the guys tonight

A few mistakes and unlucky plays. Combined with some timely hitting by the Bucs along with a nicely pitched game has us all out of whack.

A couple good defensive plays by Carp and Bader and nice to see Fowler get another hit, with a strong outing by Mikolas and Tuivalala is about all we have going so far.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a great offensive night tonight? I was hoping the Pirates might be a bit deflated after last night’s walk off.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards manage just four hits and are shut out 4-0. The series is even at one game each. St. Louis’ record is 30-25.

Participant

Thursday game was won by the Memphis players in STL. Bader-Munoz-Voit-Flaherty and Mayers. There’s too much talent on the Redbird roster that is being wasted at AAA. I think the partisans in St Louis would truly appreciate their effort.

Ideally, I would trash the Card’s opening day OF and start over. Play O’Neill, Mercado and Bader… these guys WANT to play and work at the game. I’m not too sure anymore that that can be said of what we run out there now. Keep Pham and platoon him… get what you can for the others. Fowler is on a “hitting streak” so his value may be the highest its been in a year.

The FO screwed up big time and its the fans that have to put up with the less than full effort floundering around in our OF. Fowler is almost saying get me outta here with the type of performance he gives.

Just trying to keep it real.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Here here, Nyquist! The Wongs of the world just are not getting it done. Mendoza Infielder Line Fellows…or MILFs if you will, with good gloves are plentiful. Almost any AA or AAA roster owns at least one of these slick fielding no stick infielders. Like Nyquist said, get Mercado and O’Neill and if I may, I’d definitely add The Rock…. that’s Schrock to the layman, up here. Ozuna, as much as I dislike what I see out of him, you almost have to keep him around in a very limited role for awhile. Fowler….let’s cut our losses and put him out to permanent pasture right now! That’s a heck of a lot of coin thrown right out the window, especially when you add Holland to the mix, but how about finding that winning group of players instead of worrying about how much cash was wasted due to poor decisions. Find that winning group…..and God knows it’s here within the organization, and EVERYBODY will forget all about these bad contracts. This is going to be a super fun team to watch yet, as long as more of the youngsters get their chance. Just look what Bader, Munoz, Flaherty and even O’Neill and Pena have done. Keep them coming, Mo!

Participant

Free

If the offense (Fowler, Ozuna and Wong) is still struggling by the time Dejong returns I’d like to seriously consider moving Martinez to LF and Carpenter back to 1st. Ozuna is a fraud IMO and should rot on the bench.

Would this lineup be that bad upon DeJong’s return 5 days a week. If you need to keep the the 3 stooges just play them a day or two a week.

Carpenter 1b
    Pham CF-RF
    Dejong-SS
    Gyorko-2B
    Martinez-LF
    Bader- CF-RF
    Molina-C
    Munoz-3B

Team really needs a middle of the order proven bat. Again!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikey likey, Booyah! My only possible tweaks would be flip-flopping Pham and Bader….at least until Pham started hitting again. And Jose Martinez in left seems like adventure island just in the waiting. But why not Jose, due to that never ending river of lollipops that Ozuna hurls in to the infield. And of course if any infielders should falter or be injured, you’d have Schrock waiting anxiously in the wings.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Trade Pham,get Fowler to agree to a trade.Trade Jose Martinez to a AL team needing a DH.Bader,O`Neill,Mercado,Ozuna OF mix.See if Angels will offer anything for Wong.Bring Schrock up,drop Edmundo Sosa from 40 man roster.Cards have several INF options to replace Sosa with.Start looking toward the future because Fowler,Pham,Wong can be replaced .

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think we will see much more of O’Neill if he can’t keep his K rate below 40%.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet! If BW was calling the shots, Milwaukee and Chicago would be looking up at our tails right now instead of the other way around.

O’Neill will slice that K rate in half once he gets settled in, GScott. He may have caught a nasty dose of Wongitis after whacking those dingers and now thinks about nothing except hitting the long ball.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The last couple games have convinced me that Munoz is not capable at shortstop.

Zero technique. Wants to one hand everything because he doesn’t understand the value of right hand on top, no slop.
    He doesn’t even pick the ball well one handed. His glove to throwing hand transfers are a juggling act. I’m about to throw him in a class with Jose Martinez, of those who don’t belong on the infield.

Can’t wait for textbook D DeJong to return. Until then I’d rather see Garcia at SS, and he’s pretty limited there, but can make routine look routine, not difficult.

Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill may have Grichitis instead but I hope not. His power potential is intriguing if he can cut down the K’s.

I like the potential of Munoz. Maybe Oquendo can continue to work with him on his defense. Matheny has historically valued offense over defense so I figure we will see more of Munoz than Garcia.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz arm and lack of D fundamentals plays best at 3B where stabbing one handed often becomes a necessity.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

.267 / .366 / .466 / .832
    .281 / .361 / .469 / .830

pham and bader

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna hits his first Busch Stadium bomb this year!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wrong game thread, great.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny Cardinals27! A Birds dinger plays well on any thread. All is forgiven, Cards27. However, it does look like Saturday’s game thread does need all the posts it can get. Just looked at it after being away for 90 minutes and the place is a morgue.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years