2018 Reg Seas Game #55 – vs. Pirates – Fri 6/1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #55 – vs. Pirates – Fri 6/1

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I want Munoz playing EVERY DAY….. along with Bader and Schrock.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could end up a pitchers duel tonight??

I think the Cards can get to Taillon eventually though.

Like the hustle by Bader! Hope to see more of that this year from all the Cards!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I say that…costly error there allows the Pirates to strike first. Still going in the inning. Nope, nice play by the Wonger to end the inning.

The zone looked a little right that inning.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bases totally occupied with marauding Pirates on the Munoz error…only 1 out. Bell sac fly to left….and what kind of throw was that from Ozuna!!! Honestly….. either Ma or Pa Kettle executes a stronger throw home than that Ozuna lollipop. Mikolas only yields the 1 tally.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As much as Munoz error was unfortunate. The line drive accident off of Mikolas is what really cost us the run.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would be nice to see Miles help himself with the bat here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

And surprise surprise! Cy Taillon sailing right along here….slicing thru that Cards batting order like they were Pee Wee’ers. 1-0 Bucs as we move along to the 4th.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Before it’s all said and done, I wonder how Bader will be compared to Jimmy E. defensively? Even offensively Bader may end up giving him a run for his money.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Like they say, “speed never goes into a slump”……and Bader has loads of it. Love to see him garner ROY honors. Who are this year’s NL contenders anyway?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Frazier slaps a triple down the line and the Pirates are in business again.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Make that back to back triples as the Pirates sneak an extra base off the Cardinal defense.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure didn’t appear that Fowler was doing his best Charlie Hustle impersonation on that one out Frazier triple. Fowler and Ozuna both need to go…..both are offensive and defensive liabilities…
    2-0 Pirates on the Cervelli double .
    … going to 3rd on the Ozuna error

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great play by Carp at 3rd to save another Pirate tally. Have to get Bell here to keep it a 2 run ballgame…Bell flys out to left to end the inning.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

How long has it been since Ozuna barreled one up and driven the ball? Just what this team needs for a cleanup stick.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think last September in a Marlins uni, Euro.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Look what Fowler found in his glove. That was both a close and a lucky play there.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Usually an offense benefits from seeing a pitcher twice in a short time. Taillon is doing quite a bit better tonight than last week. Hope the Cards can figure him out the third time through the order.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the announcers are right. I think Gomber is gonna be in soon

Another nice play by Carp

Yet again. It is hard to watch him throw the ball to bases but he is making all the plays you have to at 3b. It might Ben ugly but so what

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter is single handily keeping us in this game with his glove…..how about using your stick now too, Carp. Beautiful game by our 3rd baseman thus far!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wong’s last AB was painful — a 5-pitch strikeout in which no pitches crossed the strike zone. He keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper. As BHC reminded me recently, he has options. At some point you have to send him down for help, at least to change things up for him…and more importantly, change things up for the team.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh….wish I still had Mikolas’ hairline! I lost that puppy about 20 years ago.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Ty unfortunately continues to mow us down with little difficulty. Some how some way we need to solve this guy or they goes Mikolas’ perfect record and more importantly another game behind both Milwaukee and Chicago.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t realize Wong had options. Thats Gotta be on the table at this point. Because right now his o my value is as a late game pinch runner and defensive sub.

I like Wong. Memphis might actually help him to get regular at bats with less stress. He ll still get his paycheck and if he gets roiling I think he’s the type that could carry it back up to the major league team when he figures it out. Unlike Grichuk who I think is just an inherently streaky player. I think Wong just needs to get right as last year he showed he can put up sustained success.

If he truly wants to help the team I think he would understand and be all for it.

His defense is GG but we really need a bat that is at least passable. He is hitting worse than Kozma did it feels.

Just take a couple weeks and get right Wong in AAA. He does that he could set back into the starting lineup if he can get his swing worked out.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tuivalala looking better and better.

And yet again Cervelli complains and moans to the umpire about something new.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought we might get a little hangover from last night. But man. Taillon has been excellent and our boys aren’t making it too hard.

Still have 6 outs and I’m. Kt sure Taillon won’t get a chance at all 6 of them.

Still no Gomber.

I like what tuivalala did but do we really need to keep pushing every single food outing guy for more than an inning? Can’t a guy just have a good day and let him sit down gain some confidence?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years