2018 Reg Seas Game #5 – at Brewers – Tue 4/3

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #5 – at Brewers – Tue 4/3

This topic contains 55 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Onyxgem 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re spinnin’ it a bit Forsch31. Norris threw 12 pitches in Monday’s game, and none during Sunday’s game. Norris was ready to pitch. Either Matheny did not realize that Leone was struggling, or he didn’t care if we won the game, or not.

PadsFS
    Participant

Free

Norris was loudly called upon by a lot of fans to be released after they signed Holland so as not to lose (Reyes to the 60-man DL?) Anyway, I can absolutely see a similar meltdown happening as well if Norris coughed up the lead there.

Lots of pitchers struggle in one inning and settle down by the next. Several would’ve been upset that Matheny “wasted” Leone if the game ended up in extras. Let the season play out some before jumping down his throat (yeah right huh?)

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mud, I don’t think I am. As recently as last Thursday, Onyx and NJ both wanted Norris released. That is after a couple of minutes of looking at the Holland thread. I am sure others have said the same thing in other threads.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As a fan, and hopefully Leone thinks the same, you have to put yesterdays game in the rear view mirror. If this becomes a trend with Leone and Lyons, then it becomes a bigger issue. If not, just win the series today. I like the overall makeup of this team, and its’ depth.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

C27, I agree. I think Leone could be a decent closer. I wouldn’t expect elite but he could be decent.

Mud, also, BHC has referred to Norris as “Dud Norris” and both 858 and him wanted Norris cut instead of Lucas. I very much believe that if he allowed a run that Matheny would be chastised for using Norris.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Worst of it all Braun has OWNED Leone and is now 4-4 with 3 HR but who knows if MM even knew that or cared…like his stupid double switching out the 3 hole hitter….guy just doesn’t get it never has and never will…Cards will be better off with him gone.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years