2018 Reg Seas Game #46 – vs. Royals – Tue 5/22

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #46 – vs. Royals – Tue 5/22

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pretty woman sitting behind home plate. And if you owned a team that’s what you want. After all, these visible fans not only represent your team in a way, but also your city. I would absolutely load up that area behind home plate with stunning women….give them a whale of a discount on season tickets and even spice up the deal a bit with some free food & drink accommodations.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

KC homers again. Game not having a good feel. Having Fowler lead off just sets a bad tone I believe.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sets a “Fowl” tone if you will, Euro. Cards get out of the 6th thanks to a pitcher’s second best friend….the twin killing. 3-1 KC

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I wouldn’t be surprised if you head a marketing department for a Fortune 500 company.

Participant

Paid - Annual

3-0 on Wong….he better not be a swinging here! And he’s not as he watches a cupcake whizz on by right down Broadway….lays one down the 3rd baseline….Hammel pounces on it and guns Kolten out at 1st by a good step. Munoz drills another hit to left! Come on Pena….pepper one! Is this a replay from a few innings ago! Pena goes fishing half way to China and Munoz once again is gunned out attempting to steal for a DP. Still 3-1 Royals now moving along to the 7th.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another 6+ ERA chump stymies the Cards. This is getting old.

Participant

Paid - Annual

For a Fortune 50000 Company, Euro…..and they pay me peanuts!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey that must be a typo up on the scoreboard. It reads that our Cardinals have amassed 9 hits already thru only 6 innings…..but only have 1 run. Can’t be.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Ozuna and Munoz are both 3-for-3 but no one is getting on base in front of them. Carp and Fowler looked lost again, not that Fowler ever looked like he wasn’t lost.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Great job Fowler. What he just did on 3-0 is fine-worthy.

Participant

Paid - Annual

And Fowler flys out lamely to left on a 3-0 pitch. I blame MM just as much as I do Dexter here! He should have been adamantly instructed NOT to swing under any circumstances on a 3-0 pitch the way he hasn’t been swinging the bat this year.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So Pugs is a marketer. I was just missing a couple zeroes. Small cap stocks have been on fire the last couple years, so maybe some of that will trickle your way, Pugs.

Participant

Free

Cecil with the 4 pitch walk. Doesn’t he know intentional walks are automatic now?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Watching that darling little 3 year old girl walking around in the stands, where there’s no netting. Maybe it’s just me, but there’s no way I could enjoy one pitch of the game in a similar setting if that’s my child. The only way I could do it would be to have her laying down in a seat right between me and my wifey. That way if a scorching liner came right at her, I could quickly grab my wife to use as a shield in front of her.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Like the way you think, Euro! But I’m just not appreciated in the workplace the way I should be. I think the only thing that may be trickling my way is a pink slip. Their loss though!

Participant

Free

That’s hilarious Pugs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just had a terrible thought. What if these slubs took us 2-3 in our yard. I think I’d become a cubbies fan…NOT! Maybe Pittsburgh though.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the Royals having their best pitcher going tomorrow…them winning is certainly within the realm of possibility. Probably a toss up.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh….Hammel looked like Hamlet tonight in his 7 innings of labor. How many times does our offense let pitchers throw their best game of the year vs them? Too many…..but here we stand with a pretty decent record. It just could be so much better. I’ve always been against mid season player rentals where you mortgage too much of your future. But maybe this year it’s warranted….see Machado. A guy like him could transform our entire lineup into doing good things. Couple that with Reyes and Flaherty very possibly doing grandiose things and we could be looking at a world series.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holland in…guess Matheny is punting on this one. Get em tomorrow, guys.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So true, stlcard25. But I would like to think that our Cardinals would not allow that to happen…..just like the real good teams wouldn’t. We’ll find out tomorrow afternoon….but this one isn’t in the books yet. Still have one more crack at them

Participant

Paid - Annual

They’ve gone final at Wrigley and those cubbies came up with 11 runs in the 9th to clip Cleveland 11-10…..a Schwarber granny the decisive blow.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Only joshing….10-1 Indians your happy final.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

None of the strings Matheny pulled tonight worked out.

Participant

Free

Greg Holland is like literally giving the finger to Cardinal Nation every time he goes out there. It was only a 2 run deficit and now he’s virtually put the game out of reach…by himself. Holland didn’t even a freaking out.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years