2018 Reg Seas Game #45 – vs. Royals – Mon 5/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #45 – vs. Royals – Mon 5/21

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Lower back tightness for Garcia.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Good news for Pham with that 1-2-3 bottom of the 8th for the Cardinals is he now doesn’t have a shot at qualifying for the Olympics.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Mikolas to close it out!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

CMart, Reyes, Flaherty, Mikolas, Wacha with Weaver waiting in the wings. Wow! That is potentially the closest starting rotation to what Houston trots out onto the field. Has to be a Cards-Astros World Series. If not this year then certainly next. I think it’ll be kind of on par to the frenzied anticipation of an Ali-Frazier fight.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

What a night by Mikolas

Participant

Paid - Annual

Let us not forget Francisco Pena and the dandy job he did behind the plate this evening. I think we have found our #2 catcher for the remainder of this year.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas has been a revelation this year. This rotation might be a lot of fun with guys saying “anything you can do, I can do better” all season long. Get Marp going and Ozuna too and we might have a team.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cards win 6-0. Now with a 26-19 record.

Participant

Free

Great effort tonight. Mikolas doing his best to prove me wrong about him. That’s good to see. Don’t mind being wrong at all.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bring on the cubbies at Wrigley! Anyone know when our next trip there is? I will not rest until we sweep them there too….no rest at all!

Participant

Free

Excellent start by Mikolas.

Let’s hope it carries over to the big weekend series with Pittsburgh. Might needs that well rested pen.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Could be Euro. Wonder what pitchers with what team were the last to throw 3 consecutive complete games in a 3 game series?

Pugs, guys who aren’t quite as “experienced” as we are might think that’s against the rules. I don’t know the answer to your question, but there was lots of talk about the 68 team over the weekend to include Gibby’s ERA and how dominant pitching in general was that year. The Tigers had 12 consecutive complete games in 68.

Participant

Free

Bring on the cubbies at Wrigley! Anyone know when our next trip there is? I will not rest until we sweep them there too….no rest at all!

The next time we play at Wrigley it’s the 5 game series due to the rain outs right after the break. You may be asking for a tad too much.

I have a feeling were gonna see Munoz at SS and Bader start tomorrow.

Participant

Paid - Annual

12 consecutive complete games by Detroit in ’68. Amazing stat…thanks Euro! No wonder those guys beat us that year.

5 game series at Wrigley…thanks for the info, Booyah! That’s sweet…a 5 game sweep in their yard…hopefully that will set them back another 105 years again.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lots of good in that game last night. Probably the only downside was Pham. He looks like he could use a night off. Wouldn’t mind seeing Bader in CF and O’Neill in RF tonight.

Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy
    Participant
    Garcia reminds me of Descalso.

I posted in the former thread but Descalso actually has an .854 ops this year. That’s pretty good to say the least.

Participant

Free

I’ll be in Chicago for that 5-gamer. Should be a fun time.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Mikolas put on a clinic last night. The name of the game for pitching success is location and movement, and he is able to locate his pitches better than anyone on the staff. Then he has that terrific curve ball that is almost unhittable.

Good to see Carpenter getting back in the groove. Still would not play him at second – I would put him at first to spell Martinez, but whatever.

It will be interesting to see if O’Neill claims the right field post. For now he is the guy. It might be that Fowler’s playing time is greatly diminished barring injury to an outfielder.

Participant

O’Neill’s little streak won’t last at this rate, but you have to at least say that he’s better than having Fowler out there. What to do with 3 RFs? Maybe Ozuna can get some time off… 3 HRs in late May for our cleanup hitter should tell you that he’s not a cleanup hitter. Put O’Neill there while he is still blazing. Bader-Pham-O’Neill is the best OF that we should be playing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill won’t go yard every night, But he’s produced more in his last 3 games than Fowler nearly has all year….with Ozuna being in that conversation unfortunately. Belts a majestic dinger to right and follows that up in his next at bat with a ringing double down the line in left. Make you think of Fowler or Ozuna? I think not. Have not checked to see what Marco has been doing, but thinking Mo just may have perpetrated a royal fleecing with the O’Neill acquisition. Time will tell. Just keep trotting “Stretch O’Neill” out there and who knows….maybe he doesn’t relinquish his position for another decade.

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years