2018 Reg Seas Game #3 – at Mets – Sun 4/1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #3 – at Mets – Sun 4/1

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TOP of 4 (continued) . Is it my imagination or does Yadi really love hitting in The Big Apple!!

DeJong – Walks on 4 consecutive wayward ones.

Gyorko – Bounds it down to Frazier at 3rd who will wing it over to Cabrera manning 2nd for one and then over to Flores at 1st for your basic 5-4-3 twin killing.

Weaver – Grounds out 1-3…..Matz to Flores to retire the side.

Cards 3 Mets 1

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Weaver pitching an effective game thus far other than the pitch count. Martinez didn’t help that in the 4th by not stretching on the good play by Carp — no instinct for the position. It might’ve made the difference between an out and single.

Participant

Free

And in other news, the AAA team in Miami is pounding the Cubs 5-0 in the 6th
    Make that 6-0!!!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

If I only had one lefty pinch hitter, I think I would be very picky about when I used him.

Participant

Free

Yeah, Munoz had a hot spring, I think I’d want to get him AB’s while the bat is hot.

As somebody indicated yesterday, G Garcia is better as a leadoff man than an RBI producer.

Participant

Free

DeJong goes yard for the second time today.

Cubs lose to the AAA team from Miami for the second time.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Bowman is such an overworked bum!

Participant

Paid - Annual

This one not quite in the books yet(5-1 Birds), but was sure nice to see Ozuna and DeJong get off the snide…. Paul to the tune of two solo taters. And Weaver somehow weaved his way thru 5 innings with far from his best stuff and control. Yet he still only yields one run….. What a great sign of the great things to come from this Jim-Dandy!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks may end up being the Cardinals closer in 2019.

Participant

Free

When Holland and Gregerson get back, our bullpen is going to be absolutely elite. Leone and Hicks are tough.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Hicks may end up being our closer in 2018!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 5-1, their first of the season against two losses.

Participant

Free

Glad they proved me wrong today. I’m a big Weaver believer. He’s gonna get better and better. Also happy Ozuna and Dejong got going today. Good win to build on.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Weaver was good today and hitting timely. Nice win today!

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good all-around game. Great to get this one, as you figured it would be tough against their two studs and thus we really needed to get this third one.

Pham looked like the ’17 version – getting on base a lot. Good to see Ozuna get untracked a little and produce a couple of runs. Bullpen shut ’em down, which is great to see.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope they are careful with Hicks. I hope not to have an article “Hicks arm is falling off”. I know he only pitched 5 innings today, I wonder if Weaver will have an innings limit.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MM told us after the game that he wants Hicks to be able to pitch consecutive days and he could be available again Monday. I haven’t heard anything about Weaver with a stated innings limit, but if anyone has, please share a link.

Participant

Glad to see the production from Ozuna-DeJong-Pham-Molina. That’s the Ozuna that we traded for!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hopefully whatever is limiting Ozuna’s throwing will not become a bigger problem for him. Obviously, his bat is crucial for the middle of the lineup.

Participant

Can Ozuna play 1st base? He could switch with Martinez. J/K

Participant

Free

Ozuna injured his shoulder diving for a ball two years ago.

He finished that season as roughly average in CF, and won a gold glove in LF last year.

Other than Tommy Pham cutting him off and blaming it on his shoulder, have we seen anything to indicate he cannot throw the ball? Was there any evidence in spring training?

Participant

Free

Ozuna didn’t look too hurt when he heaved the ball on the stands after the third out in an inning yesterday. So who knows how much it really bothers him.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

there was a throw from LF to the plate late in ST where a healthy decent arm probably would have gotten a guy out at the plate or at least made it close, but Ozuna’s throw was, to be kind, weak and bad…to be kind

i think this is alot about very little right now…until it starts to become a problem for his ABs or it starts costing us games i don’t think we can worry about it…

he isnt going to sit on the bench and LF is really the only place to a put a weak arm… when we have interleague i would guess he DHs but outside of that, he is gonna be out there every day weak arm or not

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I did not suggest we should make a lot of it, but I certainly noticed that the quality of his throws are not what I would expect from the reigning Gold Glover at his position. That he can still hit is great.

Participant

Paid - Annual

None of the outfielders are making throws like I thought they would….so far. Pham should have gotten at least one out with a throw from the outfield over the weekend. And Fowler didn’t impress with his throws, either. I can’t believe this is going to be happening all season. I think that none of them have hit their groove yet is all that’s wrong.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years